chapter 45

⚠️TW CHAPTER CONTAINS HOMOPHOBIA⚠️

JULIE'S POV

Last night Luke proposed! Well with a promise ring but still a proposal. We had decided to not tell the guys to see how long it takes for them to notice. We filled Flynn in so that she doesn't spill to the guys. 

I wake up to see Lukes bare back faced to me. I couldn't imagine my life differently. People always say that at my age your not going to make it with your partner. In my case, he was literally sent to me. 

I get up and throw on a cropped army green t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I quietly leave my room without waking up Luke. He was so sweet and thoughtful with his proposal that just thinking of it gives me goosebumps. 

When I walk downstairs I hear my Dad humming in the kitchen. I hear another voice joining in. "Hey," I say as I see Reggie hanging out with my Dad. "He can't see me, well I didn't want him to see me so he can't but still" Reggie speaks up, he's sitting on the kitchen counter. 

"Julie I wanted to talk to you," Dad says to me. He has a serious look on his face. I tilt my head slightly. "Your Abuela and Abuelo are coming over tonight for dinner" I heavily sigh. 

"What's wrong with them? Wouldnt it be nice to see your grandparents?" Reggie chimes in. I give him a side-eyed look and turn to my Dad. "Do they have to, Luke was supposed to come over, rehearse for our gig next week" I say complaining. 

I haven't seen my Abuela and Abuelo since Mom died. They were obviously upset at their daughter's funeral, but they were just different after my Mom died. They stopped calling and apparently haven't talked to Tia since either. They became cold and distant, it's weird that they are coming over after 2 years since she died. 

"Then he can meet them, you guys have been together for almost a year right?" My dad says convincing me. I know I can't get out of seeing my grandparents, might as well have someone I love go through it with me. 

"Fine, Ill invite Luke to meet them." I sigh. "Ok, I have to drop off Carlos at a friend's house, he's staying over for the night," My Dad says as he leaves. 

 "Ouch, so it's just gonna be you, Luke, Dad and grandparents from hell, sound's fun," Reggie says. I groan as I walk into the studio. 

I flop onto the couch in the studio as I think about seeing them. My grandparents and Mom weren't ever that close, they always seemed to not get along. All I know is that they are very conservative people which is great with your pan boyfriend. I get off the couch and start pacing. 

Luke walks in and sees me like this. "Hey, you ok?" He asks looking at me weirdly. "No, because my grandparents are coming over tonight and surprise, your coming," I say falling back onto the couch. 

He sits next to me and I lay my head in his lap. "Julie I'm sure we will be fine, besides what's the worse that can happen?" Luke says looking down at me. I huff "They are extremely conservative, be as straight as possible tonight" I pout, I don't like asking him that but I need to. 

"Hey I fooled you for a while, you didn't know till I came out to you" He laughs. I roll my eyes. "No man looks at another man the way you and Reggie share a mic just saying" I laugh. Now it's him rolling his eyes at me. 

He grabs my left hand and kisses it, "Anybody notice it yet?" I shake my head. "Nope, we are so sneaky" I whisper, this makes us both laugh.  

Willie and Alex poof into the studio a little bit later to see me and Luke cuddled up on the couch. "Well if it isn't the cutest couple," Willie says chuckling, "I thought we were the cutest" Alex pouts. We all laugh at Alex's over-exaggerated drama.