chapter 96

LUKE'S POV

"Dude we need to bring her to the nurse come on," I say supporting Julie as she winces in pain. "Mr. Patterson please sit down" our teacher yells at me, I look up dumbfounded. 

"I'm bringing her to the nurse," I say sternly as I help Julie out of the class. I turn, looking back at the class briefly, of course, cameras are recording. 

"Ow Ow Ow ow" Julie winces, holding her stomach as we walk into the nurse's office. "What's wrong?" The nurse says, hurrying over to us. "I have a sharp pain. Right here, almost like a really bad cramp, but ten times worse" She points to the lower half of her bump. 

The nurse looks worried. "Well, this could be one of two things" I can't help but laugh. "Well what are they and how concerned should we be?" I say trying not to raise my voice. 

His face goes almost white, "Julie, either it's simply the uterus expanding to fit the twins or.." He trails off "Or what?" I say getting scared based on the nurse's face. "Or your losing one or both of them"  

I feel my heart sink into my stomach. 

"I might be losing them?" Julie says as she starts hyperventilating. "What are the odds we lose both?" My voice cracks as I ask, not expecting this nurse to know much. 

"Less than ten percent. But the odds of losing them is low. especially at your stage." As much as I'm glad to hear there is a higher chance we won't lose them, it's terrifying. 

Julie is stuttering, unable to find words. "Isn't there supposed to be bleeding or something" She finally gets out. "Well not always, there is a tiny tiny percent chance it's a silent miscarriage," 

I blink rapidly, looking up to stop tears from falling. 

I might lose them. Even losing one of them. 

"Luke" Julie cries as I hold her tight. "I can't lose them. I can't lose anyone else" She says as I lightly kiss her forehead. 

The nurse gives us some space.

"Luke, Julie what's happening?" Alex says running through the doors, seeing both me and Julie in tears. "What's wrong?" He kneels in front of the bench we are sat on. 

"I'm a horrible mother and I haven't even had these kids yet" Julie cries, ignoring Alex. "Sweetheart, this isn't your fault," I say rubbing her shoulder. 

"They say there is a small chance you'll lose them," I say as Alex's expression drops, realizing what's happening. "They also say that about being in a ghost band. But look at where we were a year ago" Julie snaps at me. 

"I'll call Ray," Alex says walking off, leaving the two of us alone. Just as Alex leaves, the nurse comes back. "I heard your friend talking to your Dad Julie, now Luke can we call a parent or guardian? Let them know?" I shake my head. 

"Her Dad is my legal guardian. He took me in after some stuff happened" I say, I'll update my parents later. When I started school I wasn't on good terms with my parents so I signed Ray, since school is ending, what's the point of changing it. 

The nurse nods as he walks away again. After a few more minutes, the bell rings telling people to go to class. Alex says bye as he heads to his next class. 

"Julie" Ray says as he rushes over to us. "Alex told me. How are you doing Mija?" He asks, kneeling on the ground next to her. "Other than probably losing my children I'm great," She says sarcastically.