chapter 85

A/N Ill be honest, this storyline is causing me to become unmotivated so I'm sorry that the way it ends is lowkey kinda disappointing. 

*****I PROMISE JUKE IS GETTING BACK TOGETHER THIS CHAPTER*****

JULIE'S POV

"Luke," I say softly after his little monologue towards the ghost on my bed. "Julie. I love you with my entire heart. I'm sorry that I broke yours, I truly am,  but you have to understand, I was protecting you" He says passionately, moving closer to me. 

"I wish it was this easy," I say softly as he reaches for my face, which I stumble back to avoid. "It can be that easy. I haven't stopped loving you" Luke says seeming upset. 

"Maybe you didn't stop. But I had moved on. I was in a happy relationship" This makes Luke scoff. 

"Julie, I'm sorry if you don't want to hear this, but clearly he didn't like you. From that text, you talked about it like he's done this before. Julie, you weren't happy, you were distracted" He yells as a few tears fall down his cheek

I can't tell which hurts more. The fact that Luke is yelling at me or the fact that he isn't wrong. Was I happy with Seb? No, I wasn't. I constantly felt uncomfortable with him. I guess Luke telling me what I don't want to hear hurts, as much as he is telling the truth.

"Julie I'm sorry" Luke apologizes sincerely after seeing my expression. My view falls to the ground. I can't look at him. 

If I look at him, god knows what I will do. Slap him? Kill him? Kiss him? 

That last one sounds amazing right now but I don't give in. I feel like I'm suffocating. "Luke please leave," I say turning my back to him. He doesn't say anything as I hear the door close behind me.  

***NEXT DAY***

I wake up after feeling like everything that has happened over the past month was just a haze. After Luke yelled at some ghost everything is a blur. I only remember asking him to leave. I needed to clear my head and having him there wasn't helping. 

"Come on" I groan quietly as I walk down the stairs to hear Alex and Reggie having a conversation about Star Wars.  I don't necessarily feel like dealing with them at the moment. "Hey Jellybean" Reggie smiles, he makes the weirdest nicknames for me.  

"How are you doing," Alex says giving me a bear hug. "Better. Just everything happening is so weird" I laugh as I slip my shoes on. "I know you don't like it but can we drive?" Reggie complains. I roll my eyes at him. 

"Only if Alex drives and we both sit in the backseat" I laugh, tossing Alex the car keys. "On it" He smiles, catching them. "LETS ROLL OUT" Reggie shouts as we link arms and hop into the back seat.

I'm dreading dance class today. As much as I dislike Luke at the moment, I despise Seb. "Hey girl," Flynn says leaning against the locker next to mine. "Hey," I say in a monotone tone. "Do you wanna talk about what happened the other day?" She says looking sympathetically into my eyes. 

"Not yet. I mean the bruis-" I roll up my sleeves to see the bruises on my wrists are gone like they never existed. Conveniently, that's when the bell rings to get to first period. "See you in dance class" Flynn smiles as she walks down the hall. 

As I walk down the hallway I bump head-on into someone, didn't catch who. I drop my stuff everywhere. "Here let me help you," The boy says bending down. "Here you go" Seb smiles handing me my stuff back. My eyes go wide, I feel sick. "Are you ok... it's Julie right?" He chuckles.