chapter 88

JULIE'S POV

I'm sitting on my bed writing an essay for our history project. That's when I hear a knock and some sniffling come from outside my door. "Come in" I call out as I put my computer on my nightstand. 

"Reggie hi. Come here Hun" I say opening my arms as Reggie's tear-stained face pokes in the door. He shuffles over and lays in my arms. He tucks his head into my neck, hiding from the world as he cries. 

"There There," I say running my hands through his hair. I've never seen him THIS upset, and I watched The Notebook with him. "What's wrong baby boy," I say resting my head on his. "You're going to hate me" He cries into my neck. 

"I'll never hate you. What's going on?" I ask him, my neck is going to be covered in his tears but I don't care. "I broke up with Flynn" He cries, making my heart drop. As much as I want to kill him for dumping her, I need to know the full story.

"Hey Hey. I don't hate you. Just tell me what happened" I say as I feel horrible. Flynn's my BEST FRIEND but so is Reggie. I love them both so I can't take sides. "She told me she wasn't going to Harvard because of me. So I choose for her, I wasn't going to let her throw her dreams away because of me" 

"You did what's best for her. Maybe you guys can have a serious conversation, figure something out" I can't help but shed a few tears, my heart aches for both of them. "How would custody work with Butter," Reggie says sitting up straight. I don't know if he realizes how he can bring light to dark situations.

This makes me smile. "I think you get to keep him," I say wiping his tears away. This makes him smile weakly. "I love you, Julie," He says as he kisses my forehead. "You too" I smile as Reggie walks off. 

For the next few hours I relax, Flynn comes over and we talk about it a little more. I just reasure her that she isn't at fault, basic dealing with a friend who just got dumped speech. 

***ONE WEEK LATER***

Flynn hasn't been coming over anymore. If we want to hang out, it's at her place. Reggie has been a wreck. Hasn't paid attention in class or rehearsal, and is just falling off the ledge. 

"Hey, Julie?" Luke comes up to me during lunch. I was sitting by myself because Flynn wasn't at school, neither was Reggie. Alex was helping a teacher. 

"Hey what's up?" I say as he sits across the table from me. "I have something for you" He has his hands behind his back. "OOoh gimme gimme," I say reaching my arms out like a little kid. 

"I believe your exact words were 'Luke I'm really craving those mini cookies'" Luke says handing me a bag of mini cookies. "OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU" I exclaim, grabbing the bag. 

"Are you talking to me or- oh ok that answers my question" Luke says as I grab a hand full of them and shove them in my mouth.  "Ok well um. Ima head out. Have fun with your new fiance" Luke laughs as he walks away.

I get home and start doing some homework, since finals are coming up I have way too much homework. I'm forcing Luke to do his homework at the same time as me, he won't do it if I don't force him. "I DONT GET THIS" Luke complains as he lays on the ground. 

"It's simple, let's take an easy example. Hmmm H2O. That means there are two hydrogens and one oxygen. Now use that logic here," I say pointing to his sheet of paper. "Nope. I'm dead, dying, done" Luke says dramatically flailing his arms around, making me laugh.