chapter 51

Alex's POV

Today Willie is going to cross over. I hate this. Willie and I have been perfect together and now we are getting ripped apart. I really hope that he will be ok after this, we don't know what happens when you cross over

Since it's been a while we aren't sure if his parents are still in Willies childhood home. Julie taught me how to use a computer, our computers in the '90s were slow and crappy, so these modern things are so convenient. 

"What would we search," Willie says groaning. I roll my eyes. "What were their names?" Colton and Jasmine Stewart" (I couldn't pick a last name) I nod as I try looking them up. A Facebook account comes up.

"That's him, that's my Dad," Willie says looking at the screen at the older man. We scroll through the account and see a semi-recent post of the inside of their home. "That's my old house, they still live there," He says as he gets hit by a decent jolt. 

I look over at Willie. "Are you ready?" I ask him, he grabs my hand "No but I need to do this" He says tearing up. I want to cry but I feel the need to stay strong. 

We poof over to the address that he told us to meet up at. He chokes up as we get there, we saw something that we didn't expect. 

A Pride flag?

We look over at each other and he smiles. Just to ruin the moment, He gets hit by yet another jolt. 

Willie's POV

There is a pride flag on their front lawn? I never expected them to support, let alone publicly support. We walk up to the front door and I grab the letter out of my pocket. It's thick, there are probably around five sheets of paper folded up. I got a lot off my chest. 

I take a huge deep breath in before placing the letter on the ground in front of the door. Alex looks over at me and he rings the doorbell. Then the door opens.

"Mom," I say in a soft voice. She looks around and doesn't see us. Then her gaze lowers to the ground at the letter. I hope she doesn't think too much of an old letter getting sent over twenty years later. 

Both me and Alex poof into the house to see my Dad sitting on the couch. I hear a high-pitched squealing. Then two girls around the age of four to eight come running out.  Following them is my younger sister, Grace. 

I don't talk about her much but she was always there for me though, it makes me happy to see her this happy. "Willow! Ashley! Slow down around Grandma" My sister calls out to her children. 

Alex looks over at me as I look at my nieces. I've always been too scared to find them, this is the first time since I died. "Mom, what was that? I heard the doorbell" My sister says as she picks up the younger of the two. 

"A letter. Doesn't have a name or a return address. Dated from the same year that your brother" My mom trails off, this must be hard for her. Losing her only son would hurt.  

My mom opens the letter and lets out a loud gasp. "How is this possible," She says starting to cry. "Jasmine, what's wrong?" My Dad says looking over at Mom. "It's from William," She says looking over at my sister and dad. 

She reads the first letter out loud. "Hi Mom, Hi Dad. I just wanted to let you guys know that I love you. I have somethings that I never told you that I feel deserve some explanation or just something I need to tell you" She chokes up. 

Alex looks over at me and rubs my back. My mom continues. "I don't know how you stand on these things as you were raised differently than you raised me. I just wanted to let you know, Mom, Dad, Grace, I'm gay" My mom says. They all smile, my sister even mutters an "I knew it" under her breath. They aren't mad. 

At this point I expect to cross over, I didn't. Maybe they need to finish the letter? No clue. 

I look over at Alex and nod my head towards the front door. We both poof outside so that we can talk.

"Willie, I will miss you," Alex says holding in tears. I hug him and hold onto him tightly, this will definitely happen any minute now. 

"Alex, I love you," 

Then a bright light blinds me. This is it? This is me crossing over. I will never see Alex again. Then the light dims. I look around and I'm still in Alex's arms. I wipe away my tears and look down at my wrist. The purple symbol floats off of my skin. Alex's jaw hangs open.

"I love you too," He says kissing me. Tears streaming down both of our faces. This is insane. Clearly something different happened. After our moment I look over at Alex and poof back into my parents house.

My mom is still reading the letters, she hasn't even finished the first one.  "Guess my unfinished business wasn't telling them I was gay" I say sitting against a wall. 

Alex sits next to me as we listen to my confessions. Then it hits me. "Love" I say under my breath. "Pardon?" Alex says looking over at me strangely. "I told you that I loved you. Something about love must have kept me here" I say coming to the realization.

I sit in silence for the next couple of hours as I listen to my family. They seem very happy. Alex had to leave a while ago for something with the Phantoms. 

Eventually I decide to look around the house. I walk into my old room that hasn't been touched. It looks so strange. When I look around I think I realize why they aren't to shocked that I'm gay. 

I walk back into the living room and sit down. Thats when I hear the oldest kid speak up. "Mom what happened to Uncle Willie?" She asks Grace. "Well he made a mistake, he was skateboarding and decided to go away for a while" She explains as she braids her daughters hair. 

"Did you know that if you were a boy I would have named you William? But since you are biologically a girl, I choose Willow" My sister explains. This makes me tear up. She's named after me? 

I can't handle the emotions of all of this and I poof off to the studio. The Phantoms have a gig tonight some place, I just want to be alone for now. 

~~~~

I know these past chapters have been very Willex heavy but we will get back to our regularly scheduled Juke next chapter. Also low key just searched up like names to choose them. No idea why I choose those ones except for Willow, I thought having her be named after him was sweet. 

Also tell me your theories for when Willie died. He seems like he's been a ghost for a while and is up to date with pop culture. I just made it so that he is a similar age to the guys but became a ghost sooner IDK though.