chapter 53

***NEXT DAY***

Julie's POV

I'm in the kitchen eating dinner with Carlos, Dad, and Tia is here too. Today is two weeks after Luke gave me the ring. I was just thinking about how none of them have seen the ring. 

I feel like I jinxed it because my Tia says something. "Julie that's a beautiful ring you have on," She says grabbing my left hand and looking at it. I try to stay calm but I'm worried. 

"Where did you get it Mija? It's beautiful" She says looking up at me. I want to lie, don't let them know. On the other hand, I don't know where to get rings. Then the perfect lie hits me. "Oh Me and Flynn got matching friendship rings, mine was too small so I put it on my ring finger" I chuckle, hoping they believe my lie. 

Carlos looks at me, "Can I see it?" This surprises me, why does my brother want to see it? "Uh yeah sure," I say holding out my hand. He looks at it carefully, this is strange. 

"BUSTED!" Carlos yells, this shocks me. "Carlos, why are you yelling?" My Dad says sternly. "I recognize that ring, Flynn did not give it to Julie" Tia looks at me "Mija why would you lie?" She says. 

Knowing Carlos he probably went snooping in Luke's things and found the box at one point. "Carlos" I hiss quietly. "Come on, tell them about the ring," He says in a sassy tone. I groan. 

"You little devil" I hiss at him again. I take a deep breath in. My Dad is going to kill me, great.

"Tia, Dad. Um, the person who gave me this ring is um" I pause "Um yeah the uh the person" I groan in frustration. "Um... Luke, Luke gave it to me" I finally say. I bite my lip as I look around. 

My Dad, as expected, looks slightly disappointed. My Tia seems to not have an expression, as if this isn't fazing her. "Julie, are you engaged?" My Dad says in a lower voice. I chuckle. 

"No Dad, it's a promise ring, because I am a minor we can't actually get engaged," I noticed the place where I messed up. "I mean because we are both minors, definitely minors" I hope they shake this off as me being nervous. 

Then we get a knock on the door. My Dad looks at me as he gets up to answer it. "Speak of the devil," My Dad says from the door. I get up to look, it's Luke.

Shit

"Perfect timing, we need to talk," My Dad says as Luke walks in. He walks over to me and whispers "Did I do something wrong?" I nod my head and hold up my hand, my left hand.

"Well well well if it isn't the ghost boyfriend," Carlos says as Luke and I walk into the dining room. "Little dude, I'm not a ghost" Luke laughs as he pulls up a chair next to me.  

Tia decides to break the wall of silence and tension. "So Luke, How has school been?" Thats right, I told them he's enrolled in school, raises less suspicion that way. 

"Oh um alright" He gives a vague response. "Thank you, Victoria but that won't be necessary," My Dad says signalling for Carlos and her to give us some space. The two of them grab their plates and walk into the living room. 

"Dad please don't do this. Nothing happened from it, It's just a stupid little ring" I say rolling my eyes. Luke gives a little pout, I elbow him to cut it out. "Ok but I just wonder, when did this happen and why didn't you tell me?" Dad says looking at me. 

Luke seems awkward like he doesn't want to be here. "Dad I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was a big deal!" I say raising my voice slightly. "Julie," Luke says silently, his voice calming me down. 

"2 weeks ago," Luke says to my Dad. He nods. "Just next time, keep me in the loop. I'm assuming this means I'm probably too late for the whole sex tal-" "DAD" I yell cutting him off. 

My Dad nods, my reaction probably just confirmed this. "Ok well um, I just had to pick up my sweater..." Luke says as he slowly stands up. 

Lately, I've been telling the guys that if they needed something if they could properly knock and everything. I guess Luke for once actually listened. "Yeah um upstairs in my room, to the left," I say acting like Luke has never been into my room. 

Luke nods and heads up to my room. "Just be careful with him Mija," My Dad says as he gets up and heads over to Tia and Carlos. 

I head upstairs to my room and keep the door open as Dad knows that Luke is in here. "I am so sorry for that" I apologize to Luke. "All good I knew something like this would happen eventually," He says kissing my forehead. 

LUKE'S POV

For the rest of the night we just cuddle and hang out, we keep the door wide open. Around 9 Julie falls asleep in my lap, I don't want to risk waking her so I stay still. I grab some book next to Julie's bed and decide to actually read. 

Eventually, I lose track of time and just keep reading. I'm knocked out of the trance by a knock on the door. I look up and Ray is standing there. "I'm sorry, she fell asleep and I just didn't want to wake her," I say hoping he won't kill me.

"If the door stays open, you can stay here tonight," Ray says to me smiling. "Thank you," I say turning back to the book. "Oh and Luke," Ray says getting my attention again. "Thank you, for everything you've done for Julie," he says to me. I nod and smile back at him. 

~~~~

Probably shutting down writing for the night. Just FYI, expect another chapter around noon EST tomorrow! 

Also just wondering. Would you guys rather a few chapters of funny or cute little scenarios or should we get right back into some drama? If so what drama would you like to see happen?