chapter 9

⚠️POSSIBLE TW: UNWANTED TOUCHING⚠️

Julies POV (Before she responded to Nick/Calebs text)

I call Flynn, she always knows what to do. 

"Willie is 100% lying, your soulmate cant be 25 fricken years older than you," Flynn says over the phone, "You need to get your mind off of Luke, I'm pretty sure there is a fedora-wearing blond who is totally into you" Flynn chuckles 

"What like a rebound for a ghost I never dated?" I laugh. Flynn can be out of her mind at times. "YES, GO OUT WITH NICK, you can always dump him" Flynn yells, then gets quieter. 

"Well Nick did just text me, he asked me out again" I mention "Tell him it's a date! oh and add some emojis, they always do the trick" Flynn says getting excited. 

I hang up the phone and start getting ready for my date, I throw on a black t-shirt and a tennis skirt, this is cute right? I look in the mirror before heading out. 

"Woah Woah Woah, smoke show Julie in the house" I hear Reggie cat call jokingly as I walk out the house, He is sitting on a chair on our front porch. 

I groan "What will make you shut up and say nothing to Luke?" I say hoping Reg won't tell him what I'm up to 

"Nah I'm messing with you, I won't tell them, I promise," Reggie says smiling at me. I smile at him and start to walk away before I stop and turn

"Hey, Reg?" His head pops up "If Im not back in an hour and a half, poof over to the cafe and get me, or I'll text you earlier. Please" I ask him, He nods and gives me a thumbs-up as I start leaving

Lukes POV

(Remember for the simplicity of the story they have phones, don't question)

I get a text from an unknown number,

-Cafe, 30 minutes, don't be late

Um, this is super weird, This number was only given to Julie and the guys, they would never give out my number, right?

 Anyways I kill some time and wait, maybe Julie has a surprise party for me or something. What am I really thinking

Julies Pov

I walk to the cafe to see that just outside Nick sent up a picnic, how thoughtful! Nick walks over to me and awkwardly hugs me. 

Um, this is really weird.

 "May we eat?" He says gesturing to the blanket on the ground. Why is Nick talking so weird and robotic? Maybe he's just extra nervous or something, no clue. 

We sit and have a decent time, he's talking really weird though. He is also sitting really close to me and keeps looking around, What is up with him? 

"Hey, you good?" I ask him as he looks into the distance "Im exquisite my dear" The fuck! why is he being so robotic. 

Around 30 minutes pass and Nick starts acting very bold, his hand is gently rubbing my leg, more specifically my things. This makes me completely and utterly uncomfortable. 

But I'm completely dazed at this point, unsure if I should ask him to stop. He says something I think was supposed to be a joke so I give my best fake laugh as possible. 

This is when I notice that he went from being almost paranoid and looking around everywhere to now exclusively looking at my lips, shit does he want to kiss me?! I don't wanna kiss him. 

I only want Luke! Shit, I should not have agreed to this date. Before I know it Nick is quickly leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. 

I panic! I don't really kiss him back. With my unluck when he kissed me I let out a moan, Great job Molina, now he thinks you like this.

 Then he quickly pulls away, "I have got to leave now, I will see you another time," He says as I stand up in confusion, he packs his stuff up and walks away. I look around and when I look back to where he was walking off,  it's almost as if he vanished. 

I call Reggie to come to get me, I didn't want to talk to Luke and I think Alex is out with Willie today. 

"So I see the date went well," Reggie says as he gets here, he points to the smudged lipstick on my mouth, "No actually it was really strange" I chuckle, "I just wanna go home," I say holding his hand as we poof back to my room. 

~~~~

Ok, Im not really gonna write an author's note for this one except saying that the next chapter will tell us more about the text Luke got.