chapter 52

Julie's POV

It's been two days since Willie was supposed to cross over. We still aren't entirely sure how this whole crossing-over idea works. 

That aside I'm stressed out of my mind. I have a huge test today and I feel like I'm going to fail. I think because Luke dropped out he doesn't fully understand the concept of studying, or maybe he is just flat out annoying.

Anyways I haven't been able to study without losing focus. Every time I try to study and ignore the guys I end up with a bunch of random stuff on my desk. 

"So are you prepared for your science test today?" Flynn says leaning against her locker, I shake my head. "Not at all, Luke is being very strange. He won't let me study" I sigh. "If you fail because of that jerk I swear I wil-" I cut Flynn off. 

"I'm not going to fail ok?" I say as Flynn turns into her class. I keep walking and head into one of the science labs. Ms. Marshal is such a strict teacher. 

I grab my seat five minutes before class starts. Then I get startled by a familiar face pop up. "Gah Luke" I whisper yell at him, hopefully, the chatter in the class drowns me out. 

They can't see him right now. Some of their powers are confusing at times. Normal lifers can see them when they want to be seen? It's really weird. 

"What do you want?" I say putting my phone to my ear, he catches on faster than last time. "Well, I felt bad for keeping you distracted during studying. Even though I dropped out and all, I'm still good at science" He says rubbing the back of his neck, I smile. 

"If you're suggesting I cheat, that's a no-go," I say to him. He rolls his eyes. "Class phones away, you have the rest of the period," My teacher says as she hands out the sheets of paper.  "Bye," I say pretending to hang up the phone. 

I finish the test and do better than I thought. Granted I had to ignore Luke trying to help me the entire time, but I got it done. I walk out of class and see Luke waiting in the hall, must have poofed out while I was ignoring him. 

"How did that go?" He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I mean there was one thing that I didn't like in the test," I say groaning. "Oh, what's that?" He asks as we walk to my locker. 

"Oh there was this guy, he kept talking. He's really cute, dead, and an amazing guitar player" I nod my head and laugh. He looks over at me with a side-eye. "Ok I get it, I may have crossed a line there" He groans.

"Next time, just don't stop me from studying" I laugh. 

Flynn's POV

As I walk out of my class I see Julie and Luke walking by. I run to catch up to them "Hey Julie, Luke. How did the test go?" I ask Jules. She groans and looks over at Luke. "This asshole happened" 

"Ok, I need a full storytime now" I laugh. "Basically he made himself invisible, then tried to tell me the answers" This makes me laugh. "Sounds like something you would do," I say directing to Luke. 

We all walk back to the studio. I still feel like a third wheel, Julie includes me in everything but still. When we get to the studio, Reggie is sitting in the middle of the room, on the ground, staring at the ceiling. 

"Um, Reg? You good?" Luke says waving his hand in front of Reggie's face. "Huh, what?" Reggie says zoning back in. We all laugh, he seems embarrassed. He's cute when he is embarrassed.

Julie elbows me and whispers in my ear "My girl's got a crush and his name is Reggie" She laughs, mocking me. I roll my eyes. "No, I do not," I say turning redder. 

"Oooh, Julie said something to Flynn, Tell us," Reggie says teasingly. I look over a Julie and give her a death stare.  "Nothing," She says throwing her hands up. 

"Julie can we go up to your room, alone," I say looking over at the guys as I push her out. 

Reggie's POV

"What was that about?" I ask looking over at Luke. He gives me the look when something is obvious but I'm not getting it. "Dude, Flynn clearly likes you," He says pulling me up from the ground.

"Whaaaa, no," I say in a high-pitched tone. Luke rolls his eyes. "Where does she sit when it's just the two of you?" He says sitting on the couch. I think "Oh right next to me, sometimes she even rests her head on my shoulder" 

Luke groans "Man, you are-" He trails off "She likes you, like seriously huge crush. Ask her out, properly" Luke says looking into my eyes, "She doesn't like me that way I'm telling you" Luke shakes his head. 

"This is why you are lucky that you can play bass," He says standing up, "What's that supposed to mean?" I say pouting. "You are testing my patience, Peters" 

"Fine, I'll ask her out on a proper date, it's just that I feel like I've dug myself into the friend zone," I say holding my head in my hands. Luke groans once again. "DUDE SHE LIKES YOU DON'T WORRY OK?" He yells at me.

"Ok OK Ok, please don't yell at me," I say taking a deep breath in. Luke seems apologetic, "I'm sorry Reg. I feel horrible" He says hugging me. I hug him back "I forgive you"

He pulls away "Ok so let's get you a girlfriend!"