chapter 12

***3 DAYS LATER***

Luke's POV

"Ok, so we start with Finally Free, move onto Stand Tall then finish with Edge of Great?" Julie says in a review of our set today. She's biting her nails, she does that when she's nervous.

I wanna pull her hands away but I'm still unsure of where we stand. I give Alex a look and he does it for me "Julie we will rock this ok?" Alex says looking into her eyes.

That's my line!

During our performance, I feel like a fraud. We are singing about positivity and Im being very pessimistic right now. During Stand Tall Julie tries to share a mic with me but I shake my head lightly. 

I just stand at my mic stand and play my guitar. This sucks I really wanna get closer to her but Im not breaking first. I snap out of my thoughts and finish Edge of Great.

In order to not cause suspicion for our fans, I do my little thing where I sit at the piano with Jules. I know the fans love our chemistry we have. I gotta put on an act.

Like always the crowd is confused and shocked when we disappear, We poof into the crowd and watch Julie finish "We are Julie and the Phantoms, Tell your friends" She laughs as she runs off stage and hugs Flynn.

"You guys killed that performance," Flynn says to Alex, Reggie and Jules. Clearly, Julie told Flynn about what happened, I mean why wouldn't Julie tell her best friend.

Carlos walks up to us, slow clapping. "Well well Julie and the Ghost band, great job guys" This causes the girls to laugh.

"How many times do I have to tell you, they are Swedish holograms, I don't know how to get that in your little brain" Julie snaps back in a sassy tone. Carlos grunts as he walks away.

Holy shit sassy Julie is so hot. NO LUKE you are mad at her.

I mentally slap myself. She is with that fedora-wearing dick, stop thinking of her that way! I need to distract myself. "Im uh gonna um head back to the studio" I mumble, poofing off.

I check the Instagram account that Julie set me up with. She gave us all accounts to interact with our fans online, cause less suspicion that we aren't alive.

People are already posting about our concert today. "Shit," I say under my breath. People noticed the lack of, as the posts are saying, the 'lack of fire between us' I wanna fix this but I can't, I just want her to run into my arms and for this little thing to be over.

Julies POV

"You should just apologize to Luke" Reggie suggests on our way home, we decided to walk home. "Why should I apologize to him? I haven't don't anything wrong" I say waving my hands in the air.

Alex gives me a 'really' look and I drop my shoulders "Ok maybe I went on a date to make Luke jealous but it was Nick who was touching me, Nick kissed me and I didn't kiss him back"

Im rambling. Alex and Reggies heads pop up "You never said anything about him touching you," Reggie says stopping us in our tracks.

I guess I left that out "Yeah he was rubbing my leg, my thigh, I was really uncomfortable so I didn't want to say anything" I say tears forming in my eyes.

The boys both hug me as tight as they can, somebody, I'm assuming Alex, lifts me off the ground. I let out a little giggle as they put me down. "Best big brothers a girl could ask for" I smile at them, wiping away a tear.

We walk back talking about the show today, it was amazing, except for the whole Luke ignoring me bit, that sucked. Is this how he felt when we first performed Edge of Great?