chapter 25

Julie's POV

I turn over to see a peacefully sleeping Luke. I smile. Last night was perfect. Every girl dreams of her perfect first time and many don't get that. I did. I carefully creep out of bed and silently throw on a pair of leggings and my Los Feliz cropped hoodie. 

"Going somewhere," Luke says in his gravelly morning voice. I walk over to him and kiss him on the cheek "I didn't want to wake you" I chuckle. "How do you feel?" Luke asks me rubbing his eyes. "Amazing," I reply. 

"I gotta go but I will see you later,"  I say walking out the door. "Love you" I hear him shout as I leave for school. I don't want to leave him but Dad would kill me if I ditched. 

"WAIT YOU DID WHAT?!" Flynn yells at me after I tell her what went on last night, didn't go into detail of course. "How did it work with a ghost?" she says lowering her voice, I laugh. "You're forgetting the part where I don't know what it's like with a living person" This makes her smile 

"This whole concept is so strange" I continue "I mean Luke is constantly on my back, it's like after that experience he's gone paranoid, or maybe it's separation anxiety" Flynn shrugs 

Just as I finish my sentence a familiar face appears in front of us. I freeze. 

Nick

We didn't save Nick from the club so has got to be Caleb. "Can we talk, Julie? alone" I nod for Flynn to leave us. "What's up Caleb" I in a nonchalant tone, he doesn't react. "I figured you knew" he laughs evilly, Why of all people did he possess Nick? 

"Well, I just wanted to say that you should watch your back, you helped my little ghost pets escape. Luke knew the consequences" He says before walking away. This leaves me feeling unsettled. What consequences?

I head down to the office and tell them I feel sick. They let me go home, in my luck, there is a flu spreading around. I text Luke to come to get me. 

Luke's POV (After Julie leaves for school) 

After laying in Julie's bed for a while I finally get up, get dressed, and head down to the studio. Reggie is tuning his bass and Alex is going through some old records in the loft. "Morning" I mutter walking into the studio

"Someone didn't sleep well last night" Reggie smirks at me. This causes Alex to poof down and hit Reggie over the head. That comment makes me go red. 

"HA! You owe me 10 bucks" Reggie says looking over at Alex, "That was a one-sided bet that I never agreed on," He says rolling his eyes at Reg. Im standing here very confused. "Reggie bet 10 bucks that you guys would, well, yeah," Alex says pushing some of his hair out of his face. 

"Wait you guys didn't-" I get cut off  "Nah we aren't creeps, Just I had to go inside to grab a pillow and I heard some stuff..." Reggie says looking traumatized. This makes me laugh. 

"I just have to ask as Julies appointed Dad friend," Alex says concerned "She wanted it right?" I hold back a snappy comeback, I just nod. "Aww look at Alex being all parental, maybe if we weren't ghost you'd be an amazing father," Reggie says in a high-pitched voice. Alexes eyes widen "We can't have kids right?" Reggie and I laugh at Alex.

That's when I get a call from Julie. "Hey come pick me up, I'm at school and we need to talk," Julie says with a hint of worry in her voice, she seems on edge. "On my way," I say hanging up, leaving the guys with no explanation.  

"So he threatened that he would hurt me?" Julie says as we walk home, easier to talk privately when the guy's arent around. "Is that why you've hardly left my side?" She says stopping to think. "Yeah, it's kind of hard to relax when a ghost lunatic threatened your girlfriend," I say rubbing the back of my neck. 

We continue to walk in silence for a few minutes "Oh, by the way, the guys know... about last night" I say in an awkward tone. She gives me a death glare "You told those morons!" she shouts at me. "No of course not, they heard us," I say chuckling. Julie blushes. 

"Well, you are meeting my Dad tonight so be prepared for a shit ton of questions" Julie looks over at me as we keep walking. I've never met the parents of the people I was dating, this makes me nervous. 

We finally get to the studio where Alex and Reggie are. Reggie looks at us like we are something out of another universe. "Cut it out" Alex hisses at him. Julie turns her back to them and throws her arms in the air "I can't deal with you guys today" She says in a sarcastic tone as she walks back into the house. This causes all 3 of us to laugh. 

Because we still have sometime before Carlos and Ray get home. Me and the guys decide to rehearse without Julie. I guess what Caleb told her is causing her to worry. I had a bad feeling about leaving her alone for now but I shake it off, Nothing can happen in an hour, right?

So far our set is going as well as it can without our singer. For nostalgia's sake, we decide to perform 'Now or Never' it's difficult without the rhythm guitarist. We are having a good time, but halfway through we hear a loud, high pitch noise. We all stop "You guys heard that to right?" I ask the guys looking around, they nod. 

Then we hear it once again, this time louder. 

Julie

My heart sinks thinking that something happened to her. I poof up to her room to see her not there, I hear the water running in the bathroom, the shower. I rush in and Julie seems fine. 

"LUKE WHAT THE HELL" She yells at me, covering up with the shower curtain. "What's wrong we heard you screaming," I say, adrenaline running through my body. "There was a spider, I'm terrified of spiders Luke" I hang my head and sigh 

"I thought- uh nevermind" Im about to walk out when I double back and say "You know there isn't anything I haven't seen" I wink at her then leave with a dorky smile on my face.