chapter 90

JULIE'S POV

"I'm pregnant, those tests are wrong," I say as I start hyperventilating. "Julie you took four different tests, I think you are safe" 

I stand up and pace around, I violently shake my hands. "We need to go to a doctor," I say grabbing my car keys. "Julie. No" She says taking the keys from my hand. 

"Flynn stop it. I need a doctor to confirm this" I say reaching for the keys. "No I'm driving if you insist," She says walking out the door. 

"You'll get your results in a few days," The doctor says after taking my blood. "No. I'm telling you. Can we try an ultrasound. Please just humour me" I say pouting. She thinks for a minute. "Ok, but we won't see anything" She chuckles. 

Flynn stands beside me, holding my hand. They both think I'm crazy, don't they? "Now this will be cold," She says squirting gel onto my stomach. 

"See there isn't-" She stops "What?" I say getting worried. "Congratulations Julie, it's small but it's there," She says pointing at a teeny tiny speck on the screen. 

My heart drops. "OH MY GOD! JUKE BABY" Flynn screams jumping up and down. I fall into tears. The doctor wipes the gel off and writes some things down.

 "Please come back in a month for a check-up. Please call if you need anything to" She says walking out of the room. "You need to tell Luke," Flynn says smiling. "Well duh," I laugh as I get up. 

Flynn drops me off at my place. "Hey Jules, how was your time with Flynn," Luke says from the couch, sitting next to Alex. "Oh uh it was good," I say reaching into my pocket and grab the ultrasound. Even though the fetus is small, it's there. 

"Luke can we talk, upstairs," I say kicking my foot back and forth. He gives me a concerned look but nods "Yeah totally" He says jumping up from his spot. 

I close the door behind us and sit next to him on my bed, grasping the picture in my pocket. "Everything ok? You look stressed" Luke chuckles. "I'm pregnant," I say point-blank, Lukes face goes pale. 

"You're joking right" He laughs. I shake my head and hand him the photo. "Holy shit" He mutters. "Julie" Luke says cupping my face as I start crying. "I don't know if I can do this," I say getting worried. 

"We don't have to if you can't do this," He says wiping my tears away. I shake my head. "I can't do this but I will," I say falling into his arms. 

LUKE'S POV

"Hey hey. We are going to be ok" I say brushing my fingers over her hair. I need to be strong for her, I feel like a mess right now but Julie is more important. 

I take a closer look at the photo and circled with a red marker is a tiny seed shape. "Is that them?" I say smiling. Julie nods. "Yeah, it is," She says wiping her tears. 

"Holy shit we are gonna be parents," I say biting my lip. As much as I don't like to admit, I have the huggest case of baby fever. 

I sit here in silence as I process what's going on. "We are ready for this... right?" I say looking down at Jules. 

"No, but we will be great," She says standing up. Julie looks into her mirror, pulls her shirt up slightly and runs her fingers over her stomach. "I'm going to get so big" She laughs. "You will still be beautiful to me," I say standing up behind her. 

"We have an appointment in a month. Standard first ultrasound" Julie says facing me. "We can do this," I say kissing her softly.