chapter 60

RAY'S POV

I am sitting in the living room with Carlos watching a movie when I get a call from an unknown number. "Hello, Ray Molina here" I answer the phone.

"Are you the parent or guardian of Julie Molina?" A female voice says. "Yeah why, who's this," I say getting slightly worried.

"Julie and the boy in her car got hit by an impaired driver" My heart drops. "Where is she, I'm on my way," I say signalling Carlos to come with me. "Hollywood hospital, she is stable but badly hurt" I take a deep breath, at least she is alive.

"I'm on my way. Be there in 10 minutes" I say running out to the car with Carlos. I fill him in on the way there.

"Where is she. My daughter, Julie Molina" I say to a man at the counter. He guides me to a room where Julie is laying, asleep or unconscious. She seems alright. A few scratches on her face and a bunch of dirt covering her.

"Do we know the other boy in the car?" I ask the nurse. "He didn't make it and we haven't been able to ID him. Whenever we look him up the system has inaccurate information, says the kid is 43 years old. Would you be able to try while we try to track down his parents?"

The thought that Julie could have been the one who died terrifies me. As we walk to the other room the nurse fills me in on some more things. "First responders found him shielding her. He must have jumped in front of her before full impact"

When we get into the room there is a body covered in a sheet. "You ready?" The nurse asks me. I nod my head. He pulls the sheet away and my heart sinks. "Yeah, Luke Patterson. My daughter's boyfriend, ex-boyfriend" I clarify

I feel a few tears fall. This must suck for Julie. I examine his face further. "How did he die? If I can ask" The nurse looks at the board. "Braindead. Somehow there are no scratches or marks on him. He has no pulse, heartbeat, or brain activity" The nurse puts the chart down.

"How?" I mutter. "Medical mysteries happen all the time. So do you know where we can get his parents" I shake my head. "He isn't on talking terms with them last time I heard," I say feeling horrible for his parents.

Another nurse comes running into the room. "Mr. Molina, She's awake"

JULIE'S POV

I wake up in a hospital bed. I try to remember what happened when it hits me. "LUKE? LUKE" I scream. A nurse outside my room starts running.

After screaming for Luke, my Dad comes into my room. "DAD" I yell as he hugs me tightly "Oh Mija" He cries. "Where is Luke," I say as he lets go. My Dad's expression dies down.

"Babygirl, Luke didn't make it," He says wiping some tears away. I forget he is a ghost and breaks down. "NO" I scream louder than I did when mom died. "NO NO NO NO NO" I keep screaming till I get stuck with a needle.

It calms me down and slowly I fall back asleep.

LUKE'S POV

I open my eyes to be covered by some gross white sheet. I hear two voices talking next to me. "His girlfriend seems really distraught. She woke up screaming an hour ago. Gave her a sedative" One of the voices says. "He sacrificed himself for her, she's gonna be distraught" The other voice replies.

I stay still and think. Do they think I died? Why am I here? Then I remember what happened.

**FLASHBACK**

Julie is driving while we argue with each other.

Julie says "You don't have the full story ok? Just give me a few minui-"

Then I see a car coming right our way, full speed.

"JULIE NO" I yell as I do my best to cover her from the impact.

If one person survives this it needs to be her.

After that, I passed out.

**END FLASHBACK**

I stay still and wait for the nurses to leave the room. The only thing on my mind is Julie. Those nurses confirmed she's alive and conscious.

I move the sheet off my head and look for a clock.

11:35 pm

People should be heading home, I need to see her and a dead boy walking will not be a great sight.

I lay and watch the clock go by. Eventually, I hear screaming I recognize so well. "Julie," I say under my breath.

I don't care if they see me. We need each other right now.

I get out of bed and look around, the hall is clear. I walk quickly toward the yelling and screaming.

When I find her room I look through the window, she's alone in the dark. I open the door slowly. "I SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE BRING ME TO HIM" She yells before noticing it's me.

"Brought him to you," I say turning the light on. She smiles. "Luke," She says as I run into her arms. "Are you ok?" I say kissing her forehead.

She nods. "I am now. but how? They said you died" I chuckle "Remember? I'm already dead" I smile. Seems like she forgot I was a ghost.

"Luke I kissed Nick because I knew Caleb was still inside. After kissing him something happened and Caleb left Nick's body as I thought. I didn't think you would find out. Luke, I love you more than anything" She says quickly.

"Right now I don't care about that. Maybe later we should have a real talk but I'm just happy you're alive" I smile.

The room goes silent as I look into her eyes. I grab her face and kiss her deeply. I missed her so much. I pull away. "Please take me back," I say to her as I rest my forehead against hers. "Shouldn't I be asking you that" She chuckles.

I laugh as I kiss her again. She makes room next to her for me to lay down. I'm so tired out from everything. I just cuddle up to her and wish to never leave.

~~~
Ok so ending this off on a better note! I am gonna stop writing now as every muscle in my hands and arms are on fire from writing this much but thank you for the overwhelming support on there chapters!

Good night Fantoms!

PS: WON'T BE PROOFREADING TONIGHT SO YOU MAY FIND MISTAKES

Also if you want more frequent updates and other information or content about this fanfic follow us on Instagram @Inseperable_jatp