chapter 35

Julie's POV

I head downstairs to smell something burning, I worry that Carlos tried to make something and failed. When I get into the kitchen it wasn't my kid brother but my immature ghosts. Luke and Reggie. 

"WHAT THE HELL GUYS!" I yell at them taking the pan off of the stove element. "WHAT WERE YOU GUYS DOING?" I ask them in the calmest way I can. I look into the pan and its a lumpy pile of burnt something. 

"We wanted to make you breakfast," Luke says rubbing the back of his neck. This makes me want to smile but apparently, I need to be their mother instead. 

"HOW SWEET, CLEARLY NEITHER OF YOU KNOW HOW TO COOK. WHAT A GREAT GIFT IT WOULD BE TO BURN MY HOUSE DOWN" I yell at them. I realize that they don't deal well with being scolded. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself. 

"Just clean this up, all of this," I say looking around and seeing dirty multiple bowls. I say walking out the door into the Studio.

As I'm walking out I hear Reggie mutter. "Seems like it's that time of the month" That results in a whack in the back of the head by Luke. 

I walk into the studio and I see Willie and Alex cuddled together, they are so sweet. I decide to leave them and head back upstairs to my room. I walk quickly through the house to avoid those assholes. 

I take a quick glance and see they are cleaning up, thank god.

I lay down on my bed and scroll through some Tiktok as I wait for one of them to apologize. 

After an hour passes I get slightly annoyed. I had gone downstairs and neither of them are in the kitchen, at least its clean.  

When I head back upstairs I see Luke sitting on my bed with a gift bag, "I'm sorry for this morning Jules" He says handing me the bag.

 "Thanks, Luke, I shouldn't have gone all Julie on you though. I should have stayed calm. How's Reggie?" I ask knowing how he doesn't deal with arguments. He smiles "Reggie had a hard time for a minute but recovered quickly, he forgives you though" Luke smiles "Ok just open the bag," He says seeming excited. 

I chuckle as I sit next to him "Is there some anniversary I forgot?" I ask about the sudden gift. He shakes his head 'no'

Inside is a picture frame. The frame says 'Best girlfriend' I smile. Inside is a picture of me and Luke performing Bright for the first time. This makes me want to cry. "Thank you Luke," I say hugging him tight.  

Later that day we head down to the studio for rehearsal. Willie and Alex are finally awake. 
We rehearse with Willie watching us from the couch. All of us are having an amazing time. I guess rehearsals keep me sane and happy. 

We finish earlier today after I get burnt out. I've had a long day. We decide to have some fun together in the studio. Flynn and Reggie are flirting like crazy. It's almost like looking in a mirror from me and Luke, I can tell why they weren't surprised when we got together. 

As the guys are messing around me and Flynn decide to paint our nails, We just hope that none of the guys would bump into us. Luke notices what we are up to, "Julie, can you do me next?" He says giving me that pouty face. I smile "Yeah sure"

Reggie walks over to us and looks at Luke "Me too!" This makes Flynn and me laugh. "Anyone else?" I call out. Shortly me and Flynn are painting all of their nails, this is probably the strangest thing ever. 

Painting My Ghosts boyfriend's nails. 

I also paint Alex's nails, while Flynn does Reggie and Willie. That's when my Dad walks into the studio. "Oh hey, guys. What are you up to?" He asks looking around at this strange sight. 

Luke is walking around the studio waving his hands around trying to dry his nails. Reggie is staring at his nails with his arms stretched out. We are currently doing Alex and Willies. 

"Julie and Flynn painted out nails," Reggie says seeming extremely excited. Dad laughs "Ok guys have fun, don't stay up too late," He says walking out. 

A/N I thought to have just a chill short chapter. I dunno I think this chapter is adorable.