chapter 64

⚠️GET YO HOLY WATER. CHAPTER INCLUDES SEXUAL CONTENT.⚠️

(Warning will be issued before the scene) 

JULIE'S POV

"Julie... we need to talk"  

Those words ring in my head on repeat. "What about?" I say biting my lip with nerves. "We should talk about some things. Mostly all of the lying. I just feel like we are falling apart at times. Like we don't have as strong of a connection anymore" He says, his gaze won't meet mine. 

" I-I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about Nick. But why didn't you tell me that you couldn't save them" I say keeping my voice calm, two fights in one day will not be an option. 

"I knew how much you were hurting inside, you try to hide it but you don't always do a good job" He chuckles at that last part. "But I wanted for you to think they were ok, ease your mind while I figured out a proper plan" 

He has somewhat of a valid point. "I understand the concept of why. I just don't get it at the same time" I don't understand the brain of the teenage boy but I shake that off. 

"Julie I one hundred percent intended on telling you eventually. Just wanted to get a fool-proof plan to get them back first. I didn't think you would text them. Let alone meet up with Nick" He sighs. "I just didn't think of what you might have done. I have a tendency to act before I think" He smiles, his eyes locked on the ground. 

I hold back laughing at that last statement. He stops talking which I'm sure the silence is for me to talk. I take a deep breath in and out, preparing to explain myself. 

"I should have told you about my plan. I guess because your story had holes and unfilled information I didn't believe you. I denied it and wanted to trust you with my whole heart. When I got there I realized he was acting slightly different. I know that Nick wouldn't do anything to put our relationship in jeopardy so I flirted to see if he would stop it. He didn't. I kissed him because if it was really Nick he wouldn't have wanted our first kiss together to be like that" I ramble on. 

Luke looks hurt, we are both hurt. "I understand why you didn't tell me," He says finally looking at me. This takes me back.

"You understand? How? Why?" I say shocked. He chuckles. "I would have blown up. Gone insane. I wouldn't be able to stay still if I knew that my girlfriend was going to be kissing another guy. Even if I consented to it. I would have barged into the situation" He looks almost ashamed. 

"So we good?" I ask him. He nods "Of course Jules" I smile widely. "Good cause I was dreading the idea to look for a new boyfriend" I lightly push his shoulder. "You'd never actually dump me. Why pass a life without your soulmate" Luke teases back, "Don't challenge me Patterson" I laugh. 

Then the room goes silent

I think for a second. "You said you don't feel a connection between us anymore. Are you saying you think we should actually end things?" I say trying to keep calm.

His face goes red and he looks away. "Oh that part was nothing, I didn't mean anything of it. Fully for dramatic effect" He seems embarrassed. 

"Luke, what did you mean? You can tell me anything" I say putting a hand on his back. "I feel like I'd be a dick for telling you this. It's not as significant as the other issues we talked about tonight" Now he leaves me wanting to know more.