chapter 84

ALEX'S POV

Julie sprints into my arms, taking me back. All Luke told us was that Julie was feeling uncomfortable at her boyfriend's place. After I wrap my arms around her tightly, her knees give out. I support her as we sit on the porch. "Hey what happened?" Flynn says as Julie gasps for air.

All she does is shake her head from side to side. "Ok it's ok," Reggie says placing a reassuring hand on her back. "You can talk when you are ready," I say as I pick her up and carry her into her room.

"Alex," Julie says as I'm about to close her door. "Whats up doll?" I say turning to face her. "Thank you" She weakly smiles. I smile back. "Anything," I say closing her door. I turn the corner to Reggie's room where Flynn and he are hanging out.

"Do you know what happened?" Flynn asks standing up from her spot. I shake my head. "Won't talk" I huff, sitting on Reggie's bean bag chair. "I wonder what happened," Reggie says pouting. "Clearly something upsetting," Flynn says rubbing his thigh gently.

"Did anyone actually talk to Luke?" I say after everyone went silent for a moment. "No. If I'm being honest, I would kill him if I could" Flynn chuckles.

Suddenly Reggie's sad expression fades to a realization as if a light bulb went off over his head. "I KNOW WHY HE DUMPED HER" Reggie yells. "Why?" Flynn says cracking her knuckles.

"Luke was getting threats. Something like break-up with her or else. They were from Ver Bear, Uh I mean Veronica" Reggie says shuffling through his drawer.

"Ver bear? Veronica?" Flynn says as Reggie pulls out his phone and opens the article. "Reggie, Veronica died like fifteen years ago" I laugh. "We died twenty-six years ago," Reggie says giving me a look "That's fair" I mutter

"The account that sent in the photos was named V. Another one of her nicknames. Dude, she's a ghost!" Reggie says excitedly pointing at the screen. "How are you suddenly so smart?" I laugh.

LUKE'S POV

"Ouch that must have hurt," Veronica says as I lay back down on my bed. I have a black eye, a bleeding lip, and I think a bruised ribcage.

"Which part? Seeing the love of my like getting raped or the busted lip?" I say glaring at her. This bitch hasn't left me alone for the last month.

"More the first one but the latter to" She laughs.

***NEXT DAY***

I'm writing some lyrics when I get a knock on my door. "Come in," I say jumping up towards my closet, keeping my back to the door. "Lucas why is there blood outside your door?" Dad says in an accusing tone.

"No clue" I laugh as I lift my shirt to wipe some dried blood off my cheek. "Turn around son," My dad says without his patience. I groan as I slowly turn. "LUCAS CLAY PATTERSON" My dad yells at me.

"Hun why are you yelling at- LUKE," My mom says turning into my door. "What happened baby," She says rushing over to me. "Nothing, I tripped and fell" I chuckle. "Did you fall on someone's first, because the hand-shaped bruise on your cheek says so?" Mom says grabbing me by my tank top's collar.

Mom makes me sit on the kitchen counter as she gets out rubbing alcohol. "Luke it's for you," Dad says from the door. "I'll be right back," I say jumping down, any excuse to avoid the stinging.

"Julie," I say with my jaw hung low. I don't care if she doesn't want it, I wrap my arms around her tightly. "Like I'm fine, I don't need this," She says with a broken voice. I shake my head "First off your not fine. Secondly, this is for me, not you" I say pulling away.