chapter 39

Julie's POV

It's been a week. Nothing from the guys. I often either cry myself to sleep now or don't sleep at all. If I do sleep I dream about the guys. 

Why do they keep getting taken from me? I just can't win. 

I keep going to school, I do the bare minimum to pass. I just fall into a depression, like when Mom died. Apparently, I'm not the only one to realize this as my Dad has forced me to go see Doctor Turner yesterday. 

I can't tell her what's wrong so I make up some sap story about a sensitive topic in one of my classes that reminded me of my mom. She gives me some coping techniques that I for once try.

They somewhat apply as I lost my boyfriend and some of my best friends. 

I'm at school in an oversized hoodie and some sweatpants. I don't want to be here. I'm not focusing on the lesson, I'm doodling in my notebook. I just can't focus right now when this is all happening. 

It's like we got 5 months of quiet then everything acts up again. I sometimes wish the guys hadn't come into my life. If I didn't play that CD I wouldn't have music in my life sure, but I wouldn't need to deal with losing them. 

After the last period, I walk out and head straight to my locker. As I walk I think who or what might have done this and only one answer comes to mind. 

"Hey, Molina" I hear a voice say in front of me. I look up and there is the person who did this.

Something almost takes over me and I just slap Nick. Well, I guess not Nick but Caleb. "What the fuck! Julie, it's actually me!" Nick says holding his hand to the red spot I slapped him. 

I grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him into a janitor's closet. "You know exactly what! Don't act like you are completely innocent you asshole. I can't believe you've done this" I say crying as I pound my fists against his chest. 

He grabs my wrists and stops me. "Julie, Caleb isn't in my body right now. It's me, seriously ask me something Caleb wouldn't know" He says looking into my tear-filled eyes. 

I take a deep breath to ground myself. "What was wrong with our hologram machine last year at the school dance?" I ask him, tears fall here and there from my eyes. 

"You didn't have it plugged in, you were holding onto the plug in your hand," He says tucking a strand of hair behind my ears. "Now tell me what Caleb did to the guys, maybe I can help," He says reassuringly.

I feel bad for pounding on him like that. "After we played the Orpheum last week the guys disappeared. All of them, gone" I say chocking up. (Not my baby girl getting sad) 

"The last time that I heard nothing from one of them was when Luke was...." I stop my sentence as it hurts too much to think of. "And um sorry, for going on you like that," I say wiping my tears away. "All good," He says pulling me in for a hug

Either Caleb has perfected his Nick impression or it's actually him. I choose the latter. After calming down we leave the closet and he offers to walk me home. 

Luke's POV

Since nobody can see me I start following Julie around. I go to school with her and everything. She's been having a really rough time with all of this. I'm having a hard time with this.

I haven't talked to the guys, especially Alex. I just want to be alone, I don't know how to handle this. I see Julie talking to somebody, Nick. She slapped him? Go Julie. 

I follow them into a closet where you know what happens.

Once they leave I poof into the studio, I decide that I need to fix this, I can't keep living like this. 

Something that always makes me feel a little better is haunting Bobby. I head over to his place and find him in his meditation room. I walk in and his head turns to face me. "Luke?" He stutters

My eyes go wide "You can see me? How? what is going on here Bobby?" I say puffing out my chest to appear bigger. 

"Luke I-I'm sorry," He says standing up and throwing his hands in the air like I have a gun pointed at him or something. I chuckle "I can't touch you dumbass. Now tell me why my girlfriend can't see me but you can" I almost yell 

"This guy, someone named Mr. Covington" I shake my head in anger "That son of a bitch, what did he do?" I say getting closer to Bobby. "Told me something about that enemy of his enemy is his friend, makes me his friend. Luke how are you here, you died" He says, he seems scared. 

"Oh cut the crap and tell me what happened," I say cracking my knuckles, I can't touch him but I can intimidate him for sure. 

"He told me that in order to make you pay for something I had to wish for it. He couldn't do something if I didn't wish it. Like a genie or something," He says stuttering like crazy. I back off. 

Bobby looks me up and down. "Luke, how are you here? I saw your body" He asks me. I scoff "If I tell you will you help me with my issues" He violently nods his head.

"Julie, you know her, played an old Sunset Curve Cd, somehow we came back as ghosts that she could see" I carry on and explain our story to help him understand. 

After that, he seems sorry. "I shouldn't have wished that on you, Julie was like a second daughter to me, you're perfect for her" He seems like he will cry. 

"Can we just figure this out? I just want my girl back" I say sitting down. For the next few hours, we talk trying to figure this out.