chapter 30

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLAFIRY SOMETHING FOR ME BECAUSE I AM FREAKING OUT 

I wake up to check the notification I got on Wattpad and I see that this series IS #1 ON THE JUKE TAG. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLAFIRY IF THIS IS TRUE! or is Wattpad like just boosting my ego and making me think that??! If you do you will seriously be my favourite reader, well my favourite readers are the ones I get regular comments from but still!

Reggies POV (Right after the dance)

Luke had told us not to wait up and that he and Julie wouldn't be home tonight. We all know what that means. 

Alex had told us that he was gonna go out and spend some time with Willie. Willie is still hiding out from Caleb but I guess trusted Alex with his location. 

Me and Flynn walk back to Flynn's place. I want to grab her hand but I'm not sure if I would be pushing my boundaries. "So how did you enjoy your first dance as a ghost?" She speaks up looking over at me.

 "Well, I've only been to one in like middle school. At that dance, some stuff happened with Alex and Luke. We agreed after that to never go back in our lives. I guess we don't exactly have a life anymore" I laugh she tilts her head in confusion "What happened. You can't leave me hanging like that" She laughs 

School Dance of '91 (Still In Reggies POV) 

"Why don't you just take your little friends. No normal dudes spend that much time together" Some bully says as he pushes me and Alex against a locker. "Oh shut up" I yell at them. Suddenly both of them seem to get whacked over the head. 

"What are you guys getting yourselves into?" We hear Luke say as the bullies run away. As they let us go from their grasp Alex falls onto the ground and curls into a little ball sobbing. "Why can't I just be 'normal' like you guys"  Alex sobs. 

"Hey hey hey It's ok. You are completely normal, you are perfect just the way you are Alex" Luke says sitting down next to him.  "Yeah Alex, You don't have to be like everybody else to be normal. Maybe you're the normal one and everyone else is weird" I say reassuringly to him. 

Luke stops for a second. "Hey I have an idea, none of us have dates right?"  Both me and Alex shake our heads "Let's go together, show them that we are a little different but that's a good thing" Luke says getting exhilarated. 

We all walk into the school gym of our school. All of us holding hands. People's heads turn, whispers murmur. This makes Alex's anxiety act up "Show them this doesn't bother you" Luke whispers to him. 

We spend the night dancing and having a decent time. Alex and Luke dramatically slow dance together, both of them have wide smiles on their faces. That's when the chanting for them to kiss starts. 

Alex starts to get overwhelmed and scared. On the other hand, Luke laughs it off and grabs the back of Alex's neck and gives him a sweet peck. Both of their first kiss. This gets a crazy reaction from everyone. 

Later that night when we are leaving we are walking down a darker street. That's when a few guys jump out and beat us up. It hurt. It sucked. We legit thought we were gonna die. After we went to a doctor to get a bunch of stitches we stayed home for a solid few days at the studio. 

After the dance that's when they fully started dating. The next year when the next school dance we had agreed to never go again. Alex and Luke mutually broke up due to the bullying they received. They weren't even public but everyone knew. 

And that was our last experience with school dances. I can't tell what Flynn's expression means. "Wow that sounds rough" She mutters. Then she grabs my hand. A single tear falls down my cheek. As much as that experience made me stronger now, it was very traumatic. 

"Well I'm here for you," She says as we stop at her front door. "Well this is goodbye," She says. I lean down and press my lips against her forehead. "Night Flynn," I say winking as I poof off to the Studio.