chapter 81

***NEXT DAY***

ALEX'S POV

I'm sitting in Math when I start having a hard time reading the paper. I've been feeling extra anxious lately with school so I put a hand up to my eyes to see if I might have started crying. Nope. 

"Alex are you ok?" Flynn asks from the seat next to me. "Yeah, can you help me with this?" I say pointing at a question in the textbook. "I don't understand what it's asking. The words don't look real" I laugh quietly. 

That's when Flynn looks at me weird. "Are you confused about the physical question? Like the numbers or the sentence?" She says pointing her pencil at the page. "Mostly the sentence but also the number part of it," I say waving my hands in front of me.

"Maybe you should get your eyesight checked. Anyways it's asking you to graph these points on the chart then determine the curve" Flynn says getting back to her work. 

"Hi, Mr.Smith?" I say walking up to the teacher after class. "Ah yes. Your Alex right? How are you doing?" He says organizing his desk. "Um, not so good" This gets his attention. "I wasn't able to read the textbook" I further explain what happened. He scribbles something on two separate sheets of paper and hands them both to me. 

"Give this one to your next period teacher. Then head down to room N200 and hand this one to the man in there. He can help. Mr. Dehler, he is such an amazing person" Mr. Smith explains to me. I nod as I walk out of class. "Thank you" I call behind me. 

"Alex come sit," Reggie says waving me over. I shake my head. "I'll tell you guys at home but I won't be in class," I say soluting as I walk out of History. History was boring anyways.

REGGIE'S POV

I pout slightly. "Alex" I wince as he walks out of the class. This makes the others laugh. "Shut up," I say frowning. "You're adorable," Flynn says messing up my hair. This makes me giggle. I look forward to see Julie and Luke giving me weird looks. 

"Turn around," I say as I start paying attention to the lesson. I like this class. The others don't because we lived through these years but I find it interesting. I've learnt that I have become a bigger teacher's pet than I was in the '90s. My hand shoots up for every question. 

"Mr. Peters"  The teacher calls on me

"George H. W. Bush" I answer confidently. "Good job" The teacher chuckles at my confidence. "Thanks" I mutter under my breath. 

**AT-HOME**

Flynn and I are studying for our Spanish test tomorrow up in my room. That's when we get a knock on the door. "Alex hey man," I say as Alex walks through the door. "Where were you today?" Flynn asks as she puts her books down. It kinda surprised me how smart she is. 

"Let's get the others," Alex says rubbing his neck, "Oh no. This is bad. The anxiety ticks are coming out" Alex looks at me rolling his eyes. "Just get the others," He says as he sits on the beanbag in my room. 

I reach over my desk and rap on the wall in the melody of Finally Free a few times over. Luke and I have a code. 

Now or Never means come here and bring Alex
Finally Free means come here and bring Julie
Edge of Great means come here
And Bright means come here and bring whoever is in your room if they aren't on our list.

"COMING" I hear Luke call out after a second. Quickly everyone is in my room. "FAMILY REUNION" I call out as Julie and Luke plop down onto my bed. "So what's up guys?" Julie says looking around.