chapter 41

**FLASHBACK TO THE NIGHT THEY PLAYED THE ORPHEUM IN SEASON 1***

Luke's POV

Me and the guys had just gotten back from being out. We hear Julie singing along to some music in the Studio. Instead of walking in, we listen to her. (Imagine the song is 'He could be the one' by Hannah Montana) 

"She seems like she's emotionally invested in that song" Reggie chuckles. They both look over at me. 

"What, she's just jamming out to music ok?" I awkwardly laugh. She starts replaying the song and I listen to the lyrics. 

"Dude, how can you not see it," Alex says lightly shoving me. "What? She's a teenage girl, she can listen to music like this. Besides Nick plays the guitar to" I say rolling my eyes. 

"Oh come on, she's clearly singing about you," They both say. This makes me blush. 

We hear Julie about to leave and we go hide so she doesn't see us. 

***PRESENT DAY***

A bright light blinds us. "What's going on?" I say closing my eyes tightly.

When the light goes away I open my eyes. Nothing happened. I sigh.

I look over at Julie who's eyes are still closed. "She doesn't know the light is gone" Reggie chuckles. She opens one of her eyes slowly, then her breath gets faster. 

"LUKE" She yells jumping into my arms. 

I can feel her, She can see and hear me! I hold tightly onto her, I haven't held onto someone this tight since I could first feel Julie. This is a dream come true. 

We head home as we just talk. I feel like I've never talked to her before. This is amazing. 

JULIE'S POV

As we walk home I hold onto Luke's hand tighter the normal. I just missed them. We always talk about the dumbest things. Alex and Reggie start fighting about something that happened in the '90s. 

Me and Luke look at each other and laugh. "They are so strange," Luke says clearly trying to hold back his laughter. "They are our weirdos though," I say back smiling. 

Me and Luke are walking in front of the arguing pair. As we walk we see a familiar woman. "Mom" Luke says stopping in his track. 

Doesn't seem like she has noticed the guys yet. I whisper yell at them "Guys cross the street" I let go of Luke's hand as we start crossing. As I look back at Emily I notice Luke is frozen. 

"Luke come on" I yell which makes Emily lookup. Straight at Luke. His mouth hangs open. 

She stops walking. I run over to Luke and try to pull him with me, he doesn't move, I'm not strong enough. 

I look over at Alex and Reggie who are watching this from the other side of the street. Luke and Emily stare at each other. Who's going to say something first?

That's when I stop pulling him, he wasn't going to move so I stopped. I cross the street and when I look back Luke is gone. He must have poofed out. I nod at Alex and Reggie, one of them takes my hand and we poof over to the Studio. 

Like we thought Luke was there.  I sit next to him and rub his back. "I should have said something," He says huffing. "Hey when you are ready you will talk to her, hopefully, she just thinks she was seeing things," I say reassuringly 

He nods "You mean your letting us talk to people now" Reggie laughs. I look over at him with my 'Julie face' "Sorry" he mutters. 

Alex speaks up to change the mood. "Let's play some music?" I nod as I get up and set the speaker up. 

I have a playlist of my favourite music I turn on. 

"I got my driver's licence last we-" I stop the music, we don't need more sadness here. This makes Reggie laugh. I turn on a new playlist and we hangout for the next few hours. 

We just want to distract Luke from his mom.