chapter 54

(BTW IF YOU WANT A TIMELINE OF THIS FANFICTION, READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END. I PUT TIME INTO FIGURING OUT THE EXACT AMOUNT OF DAYS SINCE THE FANFIC STARTED)

Luke's POV

Right after Ray walks away I set the book down. I think to myself 'Why am I reading?' Then the answer dawns on me. I don't have my phone, I don't have anything on me. I guess I just don't want to wake her. 

She has been through so much in the past 10 months or so since we met. Hell, most of that after we started dating. I can't help but think that things would be better if we weren't together. I shake myself out of self-doubt. 

We are literally soul mates, Why would I push her away if the universe or whatever meant for us to be together. I put the book down and start playing with her hair gently. 

I sigh. Sometimes when I think about these things I somehow always come back to one thought. If I didn't die, would Julie and I have met? Would we be soulmates then? Would her soulmate be an old ass man? 

So many questions. I don't want to dwell though. I just remind myself of how grateful I am to be in her life. "Luke?" Julie mumbles. "Yeah, baby?" I say pushing some hair out of her face. 

Nothing. She's sleep talking. Her eyes are shut and she is clearly still sleeping. I chuckle, she is so peaceful when she's asleep. I look over at the clock. 

12:53 am

I gently set Jules down on the bed as I turn the light off. I lay beside her and slowly fall asleep. 

***NEXT DAY***

Julie's POV

I wake up and see Luke laying beside me. "Shit" I mutter as I see the open door. "Morning Mija," My dad says as he leans against the door. Seems like he just got there. 

I jump up, walking into the hallway and closing the door to let Luke sleep. "Dad I am so sorry, I guess we just both fell asleep I am so so sorry" I plea in a hushed whisper. He chuckles. "I let him stay over. You had fallen asleep and he didn't want to wake you" My Dad says resting his hands on my shoulders. 

I sigh in relief "Ok, um thanks Dad" I say calming down from the internal panic attack I was having. "I really like him for you, you two seem like me and your mom when we were young" This makes me smile. "Thanks, Dad, it means a lot to hear that" 

"I gotta go, Reggie needs my help today. When Luke wakes up can you tell him I'm in the studio?" My dad nods. I kiss his cheek as I run downstairs and out the door. 

Reggie's POV

I had asked for Julie's help with what to do with Flynn. Alex and I had gotten into some spiff and were wrestling on the ground. Even as a guy I don't understand male friendships. "ALEX YOUR CRUSHING ME" I yell at him as he sits on me. 

"Guys, what are you doing?" Julie says as she walks in. Alex gets off of me and we both stand up straight and act as if nothing was happening. "Nothing," We both say to Julie, she never believes our lies. 

"Reg you wanted my help today?" She rolls her eyes at us as she leans against the wall. "Oh uh yeah. I want to ask Flynn out but I'm not sure how" I say looking at the ground.  

"Dude you could have asked me," Alex says getting a little upset with me. "I know I know, Just Julie is Flynn's best friend and I don't want to mess this up" I ramble. He rolls his eyes at me. "Fine whatever" He chuckles as he poofs out of the studio. 

I sit down on the couch. I've never had a girlfriend before, I've never even asked a girl out. "I'm hopeless here, I just can't do it!" I say putting my head in my hands. Julie walks over and sits down next to me.

"Ok let's get to the bottom of this, why are you so nervous," She says resting a hand on my shoulder. "I've never asked a girl out before, besides you, I've never had a super close girl friend" I mope. 

"So it's the fact that you don't know her too well, didn't you guys spend most nights together this summer?" Julie asks me. I nod "Yeah but we often talked about me, She was always so interested in the '90s, I guess I would often forget to ask about her," I say looking at Julie. 

Julie thinks for a second. "Then practice on me," She says matter of factly. "Julie I ca-" She cuts me off "Shut up, just say to me what you would to Flynn" I roll my eyes, This feels weird, she's Lukes girl. 

"Uh um, gah um. Heya girl wan-" Julie cuts me off. "Why are you talking like some mob boss from the '50s?" She laughs. I shrug "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS" I yell in some squealing tone. 

"Just be natural. Say something like 'Flynn, I really like you. Want to go out with me tomorrow night?" Julie says in a calm tone. I nod my head. "So drop the accent" Julie chuckles but looks disappointed at the same time. "Yes Reg, drop the creepy accent" 

Flynn's POV

I decided to surprise Julie and the guys with a visit today. I'm excited to see Reggie, he won't be excited to see me in the same way but I shrug it off. 

"Surprise shawty!" I say in a higher pitch. I look around at Julie and Reggie. Jule's hand is on Reggie's shoulder, I must have caught them in some heart to heart or something. "Heya girl" Reggie says to me in a weird accent that I can't place my finger on. 

Julie gives him a glare, What's all this about? "Oh right um tomorrow night I want to go, without you Flynn," Reggie says stumbling on his words. 

He looks over at Julie with a proud expression. She just shakes her head at him. "You mixed up the words dumbass" She whispers to him loud enough for me to hear.

I stand in the middle of the studio, very confused about what's happening. "Sorry um, I meant. I really like to go out tomorrow Flynn" He says giving the same proud look to Julie. She places the palm of her hand on her forehead.

He seems like he is panicking. "Ok, I got this" He mutters " Want to go really night," He says, he catches the mistakes he is making. He gets flustered then looks a little disappointed. Julie still avoiding this whole situation. 

It seems like he finally gets the words. In the same creepy accent from before, "Heya girl wanna go out on the town with me" Julie looks fed up. "REGGIE WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE MOB VOICE!" She raises her voice enough not to trigger his PTSD but enough to get her point. 

Julie takes a deep breath in, probably grounding herself. "Flynn do you want to go out with Reggie tomorrow night?" Julie says still with a raised voice. 

I'm taken back but I smile. "Reggie of course I will" I smile at him. He looks relieved. "Thank you, Julie," He says giving her a hug. "Can I ask about the accent?" I chuckle awkwardly. 

"When I was a kid my parents would fight. To drown out the yelling I would sometimes watch movies. The only movies we had on tape were some old movies from when my parents were teenagers in the '50s. Eventually, I started associating '50s accents with getting nervous. Ask the guys and they will know what I'm talking about" Reggie says as tears pool in the corner of his eyes. 

I walk over to him and hug him tightly. He hugs me back tightly, seems like he needed this. Guess I'm back to being able to touch them too. I half expected to fall over when I went for the hug.

I never want to let go

~~~~~~

OK HI! Basically in this author's note, I will be explaining the timeline of my fanfic. So in total, it has been 271 days (9 months) since chapter 1 up until the end of this chapter. It has been 262 days (8.5 months) since Juke got together and 15 days since they got "engaged". 241 days (8 months) since Willex got together. 

Any other timelines you need to be explained? Anything you want clarification on? I'm happy to answer any questions!