chapter 44

***THE NEXT DAY AT 3 PM ***

Luke's POV

Me and Flynn are secretly talking over the phone about my plan tonight. "So if you start driving now you will get there at 3:40ish. That gives you a couple of hours till the sun starts to set" She says recapping the plan. 

I'm sitting in the studio, alone. I have my phone resting on my shoulder as my ear holds it. I toss the ring box up and down carefully with one hand as my other one hangs free. 

I'm wearing my marron long-sleeved shirt. (The one from Edge of Great) This isn't normal. I hate wearing sleeves but I wanna look nice. 

Yesterday I had told Julie that I had plans for us. I didn't tell her what but I told her to be prepared for a surprise. 

I hear Julie walk into the studio and quickly hang up the phone. She looks amazing. She's wearing a creme turtleneck under a black silk dress (If you watched Madi's live today that's what I'm thinking). She is beautiful. 

"Ok we gotta head out," I say smiling at her. As we walk to the car. I had gotten my permit in the '90s so technically I've had my driver's licence for 20ish years. 

We make the drive down to the beach the glow of the sun makes this day amazing. The drive is amazing, we scream with the music on the radio and just rock out. I realize I'm a better driver than I thought. 

After driving for a while we get to the beach and find a quiet spot with nobody around. We set down a beach towel we have and just watch the sun setting. We sit for the next few hours talking and hanging out. 

Eventually, I check the time and its almost sunset. I start getting nervous, I'm not normally this scared or nervous about anything. I mean I'm definitely not asking her to promise to be with me until we can figure out a way to get married. Definitely not. 

I stand up and reach my hand out for her. "What's going on?" She chuckles as she takes my hand. "Dance with me" I laugh as I start dramatically dancing with her. She laughs the entire time. 

Her laugh is not compared to any other sound I've ever heard. It's music to my ears. We dance for around twenty minutes before we stop. I reach into my pocket and hold onto the ring tightly. 

Its time.

Julie, I wanna tell you something. I say standing in front of her holding both of her hands in mine. "Julie its been a year, well almost a year, since we met and I haven't been able to stop thinking about you once"

"I had a huge ass crush on you for the longest time. So long, the minute I saw you I knew you were going to be my girl. You are such a strong girl and have gone through so much and you are still so young. You have known tragedy and heartbreak. I don't want you to ever go through anything difficult like that again, I just want to make everything in this world bright for you."

"This world is so much better because you are a shining light in the darkness. I love you with every fibre in my being. You have helped me feel closer with my mom and helped me with so many other things" 

"When we came into your life, that night we met. I thought to myself 'Someday, somehow, I will marry that girl" I say getting on one knee.

 Julie's face is already streaming with tears. I get out the box and pop it open. "This ring is my promise and symbolizes my plans to make you my wife. So Julie Molina, will you promise to marry me one day" I say smiling widely like a dork 

She seems speechless. She stands there for a solid two minutes not saying anything. "Come on girl, you gotta say something" I chuckle. She laughs as she nods her head "YES!" She screams

 I stand up and put the ring on her left ring finger. I pick her up and kiss her deeply, spinning her around. "I'm the happiest ghost right now" I laugh as I put her down. She's smiling and this makes me so happy. 

I take my phone out and facetime Flynn. "OH MY GOD" Flynn screams when she sees Julie said yes. "Wait you knew?" Julie says looking over at me. "Please girl, I picked the spot" Flynn laughs. "Enjoy your night girlie, good job Luke," Flynn says hanging up. 

"This was perfect Luke," She says hugging me tightly. We spend the rest of the night playing in the ocean and talking, Julie starts raving on about what she would want our wedding to look like. She won't take her eyes off of the ring, I think she likes it. 

I place one of my hands on her thigh as we drive back. I think she loves the ring more than me at the moment. "So have we really thought about how we would get married?" She asks me. I guess you can't really get married when you're dead. "Eh, we will figure something out" I respond.  

~~~

A/N GAHHHHHHHHH I'm screaming while writing this. Also, can we acknowledge the nod to Charlie's Candianness at the end. Fun fact I'm also Canadian, where yall from? I kinda wanna know. I mean I can look at my viewer demographics but I wanna know which of yall are European, American, Canadian, Ect. Over 50% are from the states, like 30% from Europe, 5% from Canada and 25% from Australia, South America and Asia. 

Also, I was listening to "This band is back" and I heard Charlie say "I cannot scat" at the end on the soundtrack which I have never heard and I find that hilarious.