chapter 73

LUKE'S POV

"Lighten the load by four ghosts?"

Willie huffs. "Luke what if that doesn't work?" He says as Alex grabs his hand. "Well, we would be clear when asking what we want. Tell her we still want to be around" I say pacing around. Reggie is still clueless.

"And if she says no?" Alex chimes in. "Ok but what if she says yes. Then we can live our normal lives" I say like I shouldn't need to convince them. "I don't know Luke," Alex says shaking his head. 

"Well do you have a bet-" Reggie cuts me off  "WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT" He yells over us. 

"Luke thinks we should ask Cassandra to become lifers," Alex says giving me a side-eye. Reggies face almost melts. "Dude we should do it," Reg says jumping up off the ground and joining me. 

"Why do you agree with him?" Willie genuinely asks. "Unlike you guys, Luke and I are in serious relationships with lifers. Because of us, those girls will miss out on so many things" Reggie says sincerely. 

"Exactly Reg," I say patting his shoulder. Alex bites his lip and looks over at Willie. Even though we don't know him as well as Alex, we know what's going on in Willies head. "I'm sorry Alex" Willie mutters as he stands up and joining us.

"I agree with them. Julie and Flynn have become like family over the past few months. They deserve a proper life, so do we" Willie says extending a hand to help Alex up. 

Alex seems conflicted. I get it. With his anxiety, it stops him from doing things without a second thought. I know Alex like I know myself. I can see the thoughts and emotions behind his eyes, even though we are broken up I still get him. "Come on babe," Willie says keeping his hand extended. 

JULIE'S POV

"So you forgot the past eleven years? It almost like you and Luke have reversed forgetfulness or something. He doesn't remember anything before and you don't remember anything after. Weird" Flynn says as we go on our walk. 

"It's strange. I feel like the last thing I remember was collapsing on the path leading to my house and then I woke up yesterday morning. Luke and I had just gotten engaged a few days before" I say. I had to tell someone, maybe this is something we need to go to the doctors about or something. 

Seems like Flynn had the same idea. "We need to go to the hospital or something, this seems serious," She says as we sit down on a bench. "Maybe, I don't know though. I'm waiting for the past few years of memories to come flooding back but there is nothing" I groan. This sucks

"Jules, What is your daughter's birthday? Either or both" Flynn says tilting her head slightly. I think for a second. "January 19 is Lexi's," I say confidently. She shakes her head. "Julie her birthday was December 25th, Christmas Day. We talked about this last week" Flynn says looking disappointed. 

"Ok, maybe I just forgot a small detail in my life ok whatever," I say throwing my hands up. "Julie you seemed to go to sleep then wake up after losing eleven years of memories. That's not normal. When is your wedding anniversary?" She asks me again. 

"FINE, I DON'T REMEMBER" I shout. I feel like breaking down. My whole world just got flipped upside down. "Exactly, so call your husband and we are going to the hospital," Flynn says dragging me.

"Don't touch me" I say breaking free of her grasp. As we walk I call Luke. "Hey hun, We are going to the hospital. I'll tell you later. Love you" I say leaving a message as he didn't pick up. 

As me and Flynn are waiting in a room for the doctor they poke some tubes into me. "Is this really necessary?" I laugh as the nurse leaves my room. "Oh shush Julie. If you didn't want this you shouldn't have told me" Flynn joins in my laughing.

Then I recognize the first thing since I came into this weird world. "Excuse me miss, I'd like to have a conversation privately with Mrs. Patterson if you don't mind," The doctor says to Flynn. She hesitates but leaves. 

"YOU" I shout quietly after Flynn leaves. "Julie what are you doing here" Cassie matches my tone. "I could ask the same thing!" I say not believing what's going on.

She groans. "While you are dreaming of a perfect little world, I'm trying to figure out how to get you safely out of here," She says sitting down. "GET ME OUT? YOU PUT ME IN HERE" I shout. 

"Ok ok ok. Calm down and let me explain. I lied. Caleb has someone I love's soul, threatened to hurt him if I didn't do what he said. Even though I control the ghost world, doesn't mean I wasn't once alive" Cassie says pouting. 

"By the way, the guys miss you," She says wiping a tear away, Why is this woman crying? "Wait you're talking to the guys? You've seen them?" I say getting my hopes up. "Yeah. They are trying to figure out how to get you back. They are being really sweet about it to" She laughs.

"Cassie I feel like you are leaving a lot of information untouched," I say sympathetically. "I am. As powerful as I am, Caleb has a hold over me" She sighs. "Not in my mind he doesn't, you can say anything and he won't know," I say looking at her. I need to know everything.

Cassandra takes a second to think. "OK fine. When I died I was the first ghost that we knew of. Then my little brother died. We ruled the ghost world till Caleb came along. Caleb took us under his wing as we didn't have a proper family life. That's when I realized he wasn't as good as he made it out to seem so I ran. My brother didn't. He gave his soul to Caleb and now holds it over me. Now Caleb wants the guys to join his band and I can't stop him because of my brother" She says tearing up even more.

I almost feel bad for her.

"The afterlife's rules are weird and almost made up as they go. But there are always loopholes" She says as a lightbulb flashed above her head.

 "Some ghosts don't have unfinished business or theirs is so unachievable so they never cross over. I think I know how to help you and get rid of Caleb for good" Cassie says biting her lip. 

LUKE'S POV

"So we are doing this?" Alex says as we stand in the studio. "Come on. In Caleb's fine words, Got nothin' to lose" Reggie jokes. "On three?" I say looking at them. 

"Dude really?" Alex says giving me a look. "CASSANDRA WHERE ARE YOU" Reggie calls out playfully. 

It takes a second but she shows up. "What?" She crosses her arms and taps her foot. "Doing anything else more important?" I laugh. Cassie rolls her eyes. "Yeah actually. Talking to your fiance" She laughs.

"Wait what," I say as my heart falls. "Luke focus," Alex says holding me back. "We have an offer. We would like to become Lifers I guess" Willie says getting to the point. She looks at all of us and laughs.

"I'm not capable of that" She continues to laugh. "Well there went out plan, good thinking Luke," Alex says sarcastically. "Please we are willing to do anything... Really... we just want our band back" I say sighing. 

"Well, Julie and I have a plan. Takedown Caleb, really, I hate him more than you do" Cassie laughs. 

"So here's the plan..."

~~~~~

Sorry, I am not on a roll today, past few chapters have been a little bad. Sorry bout that. 

Probably gonna stop writing tonight, might manage another one but I doubt it.