chapter 65

***How do you Luke will give the ring back to her? I wanna hear your predictions***

***TIME JUMP: ONE WEEK AND TWO DAYS***

Julie's POV

I lay in bed unable to sleep. I'm turning 18 tomorrow. That means that I will technically be an adult. This scares me but I know I have a great support system behind me. 

I turn to my side where Luke is already asleep. He snuck in after I had gone to bed. I turn to my other side and look at the clock. 

"11:59," I say quietly to not wake Luke. I stare at the clock for what seems like ages till the numbers change. 

"Happy birthday to me Julie"  I once again say quietly to myself. Birthdays have been hard since Mom died. Last year I didn't have her or the guys and the year before she was so sick that she couldn't do much.

After ages of lying awake, I finally fall asleep.

**NEXT MORNING**

I wake up and turn to my side to see Luke was already gone. Must have woken up earlier. I throw on a cream white sweater and a light brown mini skirt with some short black heels. 

"Morning birthday girl" My dad says from the kitchen. "The gang coming over today?" He asks me. "Think so. They might already be waiting for me in the studio" I say kissing his cheek before running outside.

I open the studio doors and everyone is there just lounging around. Willie is playing around with Alex's drum sticks, Alex is reading something. Flynn and Reggie are having some disagreement on some pop culture stuff and Luke is sitting on the couch playing his acoustic to a melody I don't recognize. 

"Morning Jules," Luke says in a tired tone, looking up from the sheet music he has. "So what's going on today?" I ask them with a touch of hinting in my voice. 

They all look around thinking. "Rehearsal?" Reggie says furrowing his brow. Even Flynn looks confused. This kinda hurts. I'm sure I've told them one hundred times. 

"OH WAIT I REMEMBER!" Flynn says getting an idea. "That gig at the conference center down near the museum," She says nodding her head. The center is small, probably big enough for thirty people very comfortably, one hundred if you cram them all in like fish.  

"Nobody told me we scheduled a new gig," I say looking at Flynn, she books the majority of them. "I'm sure I told you last week" She didn't. 

"Well um, can you give me a minute, then we can start rehearsing," I say pursing my lips. They nod and get up from their spots to their instruments. 

I turn the corner and take a deep breath. Did they forget? This is so dumb. I ground myself and walk back into the studio. We rehearse for a few hours. 

During one of our breaks, I'm sitting down drinking some water. "What is the event?" I ask Flynn. She looks caught off guard. Flynn looks around at the guys and they almost have a conversation with their eyes. 

What is wrong with them today?

"Some formal charity," Alex says nodding. They all add a little "yeah"  "So like formal dress code? What outfits are we talking about?" Luke bites his lip, thinking. 

"OH JULIE, Wear that red lace dress you have!" Reggie says smiling. Luke looks over at him and smiles. I wish I knew what was going on in their minds. 

Around 7 pm, after we eat dinner, we need to get going to the center. "I'll see you there. I'll be there at 7:30" I say to the guys as I get into the car. I close my eyes the entire time and hold onto the door handle tightly.