chapter 76

JULIE'S POV

"Willie!" I say opening my arms open for him to come over. He hesitates. "Come here!" I raise my voice as he walks over and wraps me in his arms. I finally feel safe again.

"Where are the guys?" I say as he pulls away. "They were having a hard time with poofing over here. Should be here any minute. I was actually waiting in the halls for a few minutes before I came in" Willie says pulling up a chair. 

That's when I hear three breathless voices out in the halls. "Where is she?" One of them says. "I don't know but I need to find her!" The other one says. "I mean I'm also looking for my girlfriend. Wait found them!" Reggie says poking his head into our room. 

Luke runs in and wraps his arms around me as tight as he could, and I thought I felt safe in Willies arms. "I'm never leaving your side ever again," He says burying his head into my neck. 

"REG" Flynn says jumping into Reggie's arms. WIllie and Alex step out of the room. "What happened in the- Never mind Cassie said you would forget," Luke says sitting on the end of my hospital bed. 

"No actually. I remember everything" I say grabbing one of his hands. "Wait you remember? What was it like?" Alex asks as they come back into the room. 

I explain what happened. The kids, Alex crossing over, everything. "Wait so you knew that we would become lifers?" Reggie says innocently. 

"Knew? Wait what?" I say looking around at them. "We were going to tell you. We lost all of our abilities" Luke says frowning slightly. "Well, welcome to the world of us normal people" I laugh. 

"Any news on Cassie?" I ask them, Alex shakes his head 'no' "Said she would leave us alone from now on" He says leaning against the wall

At least we are done with eternal ghost beings... Right?

***TWO WEEKS LATER***

LUKE'S POV

Alex, Reggie and I have all been living at my parent's house. With us becoming lifers, we didn't want to risk staying in the studio with Ray around. Luckily, We have two spare bedrooms in the basement that the guys have taken. 

I stretch as I walk down the stairs into the kitchen. Alex is currently charming my Mom. "Morning Alex. Mum" I say kissing the top of her head. "Morning hun, You guys heading to Julies today?" Mom asks as she sips her coffee.

"Probably" Alex replies. "Alex, have you eaten anything today?" Mom asks him. Our house has always been mostly a safe haven for Alex and Reggie from their homes. It hit them hard when I ran away. She always took care of Alex and Reggie like they were her sons.

"No Emily" Alex pouts as he goes to grab some toast. We are still getting used to needing to do basic human things like eating and showering. It just wasn't something we had to do as ghosts.

I look around and don't see Reg. "Reggie already at the studio? Or still asleep?" Alex chuckles. "Nope, Had some company last night," Alex says giving me a look. "REALLY?" I say, hoping mom doesn't understand.

"Are you guys talking about me?" Reggie says walking up from the basement. At this point, Mom went to the living room. "Maybe. Guessing Flynn stayed over?" I say just as she walks up the stairs, wearing one of his T-shirts. 

"Yeah but nothing like that" Reggie says blushing. I give him a 'really' look. "Yes, Luke, Normal couples can sleep in the same bed without being all over each other" Flynn snaps back, sitting at the table next to Alex.