chapter 26

Julie's POV

Lukes comment as he leaves gives me major butterflies. I hop out of the shower and dry my hair. I do some subtle makeup and throw on some jeans and a loose white sweater. 

"Mija we're home" I hear my Dad call out from downstairs. I run down and throw my arms around him, as much as I liked the alone time, I like having him home. "You look beautiful Julie," He says getting a look at me, this makes me smile "Thanks Dad" 

I help Dad carry in the stuff they had packed in the car. "So is Luke coming over at 6 as we planned?" My dad asks me, I roll my eyes at him, "Yes dad, he will be here this time" I laugh. "Well as him what he likes, I'm thinking hotdogs" My Dad suggests. 

I freeze. "Um No, Luke has some post-traumatic stress when it comes to hotdogs" I laugh awkwardly. "Ok no hotdogs, why don't you just ask him what he wants" He chuckles 

"How do you have stress from hotdogs" I hear Carlos ask my dad, this results in a short lecture from him. 

Luke's POV

It's time for me to go meet Ray, this is so scary. I wear a pale blue button-up and black slacks. This feels so weird. I knock on the door with a bouquet of red Dahlias. Im nervous out of my mind.

I knock on the door and stand tall. I bite my lip to the point it almost bleeds. Julie opens the door and greets me "Hey Luke" she says opening the door for me. "Remember you don't know where anything is" She whispers to me. "Oh uh for you," I say giving the flowers to Julie" 

I pull her in for a side hug and kiss the top of her head. She giggles. "Hello Luke," Ray says walking over and shaking my hand. I look over at Julie hoping this works. I reach out and shake his hand, it doesn't go through him luckily. 

We all sit around the table, they ordered pizza. I hold onto Julie's hand tightly. "So Luke you live in Sweden?" Carlos asks me "Um yeah I do, I moved there for school a few years ago," I say replying, I forgot Julie told them I lived abroad. 

As we eat Ray asks me some more questions with basic answers. What's your family like? How did you get into guitar? things like that. Then the question I was hoping wouldn't come up did "How did two link up? How did you meet" Julie freezes, what do we tell him? 

"Well me and Luke met while he was on a trip, a while before Mom died. We were both in a music store and met up. We hadn't seen each other till a few months ago. He and the other guys are the reason I'm still in the music program" Julie somehow makes up a convincing lie. 

"So are you staying in Hollywood now or heading back?" Ray asks me "Um I'm not sure. I got a one-way ticket here because I didn't know how long I was gonna be staying" I chuckle. 

"Now, here is my next question" Carlos starts. I look in his direction "How long has this been going on" He says waving his finger in our direction.  My grasp tightens on Julie's hand. "Uhh, how long has it been" I chuckle looking at Julie "Well we've been in the band together for about 2 or 3 months, not including the many times I would quit on them," Julie says awkwardly trying to avoid the real question, I get why. 

"I think he's asking how long you two have been dating," Ray says in a casual tone. "Ooooh, that" she chuckles "Around a month now" I answer for her. Ray nods his head "You guys seem close, I remember when Rose and I were like that" he says. 

Rose? I feel like I recognize that name. 

"Yeah, I'm really sorry for your loss. I sorta know what that's like, before I went to Sweden I wasn't on good terms with my parents" I say, thinking of my parents really makes me sad. 

"Thank you, Luke," Ray continues "So with you and I hear the other guys, in town are you still gonna use the holograms?" I panic, "Uhhh yeah we have a studio where we can project in from, keeps the magic of the Phantoms," I say coming up with a quick response. 

We continue eating and talking for a while, "So when is your next gig?" Ray asks. Julie told me that this would probably happen. "Um I'm not sure, does Flynn have anything lined up?" I turn to Julie. "No, after you got 'sick'" She strains the word sick "We didn't reschedule anything, The gazebo in the park is always open for us" 

The night gets late as we have been talking for hours, this gives me a sense of family I've never really had. All of a sudden we hear loud music coming from the studio. My eyes meet Julies with worry. "Um I must have left the stereo on, come with me Luke," She says grabbing my hand and running out. 

Alex and Reggie are jamming out to an old Sunset Curve Cd "What the hell guys, I'm trying to get on Ray's good side and all you do is mess that up" I whisper-yell at the guys. "Get out before my Dad sees you!" Julie matches my tone. 

They both scoff and poof out of the studio just on time as Ray comes in. I can't help but hum along to 'Now or never' before Julie turns it off. "Hey guys, that sounded good, is that something you guys are working on? You sounded great Luke" Ray says to us "Nope, not me, don't know who your thinking of" I say anxiously 

I look at the time "Oh shoot um I should head home. It was amazing meeting you Mr. Molina" I say shaking his hand. "Oh please, it's Ray," He says shaking my hand. I give Jules a hug and a kiss on the cheek "I will see you later bye". I say walking out. Once I'm out of sight I poof into Julies room. 

Julie's POV

"Hey Julie, I really like Luke," My dad says to me as we walk into the house. I smile widely "That's amazing, he has really helped me out over the past few months," I say hugging my dad. 

"Ok you would run off to bed, goodnight Mija," He says patting my back. I run upstairs expecting Luke to be in my room like he usually is. 

"Agh" I jump when opening my door, I shake my head "I swear I will never get used to this" I laugh. Luke wraps his arms around me "I think he likes me" This makes us both laugh. 

Eventually Luke lets me go and I start getting undressed to go to bed. This is the first time I didn't turn around or ask Luke to, I guess I have to get used to this. I throw on a baggy t-shirt and pyjama shorts. 

Luke lays down next to me, using his elbow to support his arm which his hand is on. "So Alex had a question this morning which seriously messed me up," Luke says looking like a mixture of concern and questioning. I look at him with a concerned look. "Is this another secret that will make me mad at you?" I genuinely ask. 

Luke chuckles "Nah, but this question did make me think. I mean I know we are only kids but it made me think about our future" He continues "Alex, while he was joking around mentioned the fact that we can't, or probably can't, have kids. Of our own, I mean" He frowns slightly. 

I guess I never stopped to think about that, I mean Flynn brought it up right after I told her that I could touch the guys but I never thought about it. This makes me a little sad "We will figure something out, besides like you said, We are just kids" I smile at him. 

We make out for a while but never go past second base, Not with Dad home. 

A/N Hi guys! Sorry, this chapter took me forever to get out. I had homework, then dinner, then I had a band rehearsal. But can I just mention that you guys have been blowing up my phone all day with voting and adding this to your libraries, the support is overwhelming. We are at 1.15k views and 60 votes which blows my mind. Also, top 10 for the Juke tag! This is insane. I might write one or two more chapters tonight depending on my time management. I've started taking longer to write to make better quality stuff. Please keep commenting and voting on these! Also I was informed that Reggie and Flynn's ship name is Relynn, so if you wanna see any of that please let me know because I can't write what you guys like without feedback.