chapter 83

⚠️⚠️⚠️POSSIBLE TW: SEXUAL ASSULT⚠️⚠️⚠️

***NEXT DAY***

LUKE'S POV

When the sun starts to set I head out to the beach. Where Veronica and I shared our first kiss together when we started dating. 

The letters are finally making sense. One had two dates, our anniversary and the day we broke up. 

Another said 'Bi' signalling my sexuality. First time signalling to... well that. And First love talking about the song I wrote for her. 

I get to the beach and see a figure standing in the gazebo. "Ver?" I call out, my old nickname for her. "Locus Pokus, Long time no see," Veronica says. I know it's her due to the childish nickname. I always hated when she called me that.

"What do you want?" I say as she turns around. She looks to be around her late 20's. "What are you?" I say creeping towards her. "Well, I'm a ghost. Like you were" She says like its nothing 

"Horrible accident. Got into a car while my boyfriend was drunk. Went right over the speed limit" She says shrugging. "Why did you do this to me?" I can't help but laugh. "Oh right. Well, I want you back. It's that simple" Ver says in a cheery tone

"So you blackmailed me?" I laugh she nods her head. "Totally, I have so much more dirt by the way. I know what happens behind closed doors and so much more. Oh and not to mention I can expose you guys anytime for being ghosts" She cackles.

First off. If this girl has photos of me and Julie, I am so grossed out. I'm more nervous about the last thing she said. About exposing us. "What do I need to do?" I say wishing I could kill this woman a second time. "Ok well, I expected more convincing on my part" She reaches out to grab my hand. 

Because I am now a lifer and she's a ghost, and our souls aren't connected in any way, we can't touch. I have never loved the confusing rules of the afterlife more. "Oops looks like we can't do this" I laugh with relief. 

"Oh, Lucas. We will just need to spend time together before then" She smiles at me. I groan, guess I'm stuck with this bitch till I can find a way to get rid of her. THIS FUCKING SUCKS

***WEEK LATER***

For the past week, I go to school like normal. I avoid Julie at all costs, she was pretty pissed at me. I understand why. The downsides of being in school now being the people constantly asking if I'm alright, the girls asking me out, Flynn giving me death glares every chance she gets, OH and the creepy ex following me to my classes. 

Nobody else can see her, it's so weird. 

***WEEK LATER***

JULIE'S POV

It's been two weeks since the big breakup. 

It's been all over social media that I'm the reason we broke up and why Luke is so upset. I have gotten my fair share of glares, threats and hate already. 

I avoid Luke every chance I get. For Dance we requested we switch partners which Ms. Kelly agreed to as she also read the article. In all of our other classes, we no longer sit near each other

He hasn't come back home either. As much as I miss him, I hate him for what he did to me.