chapter 5

Julie's POV

I feel a cold hand around my throat, what's going on! I open my eyes and it's really dark. There is a figure I think male, standing above me. His grip is getting tighter. Suddenly the lights turn on. The man is around 6'3 and has a weird purple and black suit on. I look around the room and I see Flynn, Alex, Reggie, and from Alexes descriptions, Im assuming Willie, all lying unconscious on the ground. I try to scream but his hand is too tight around my neck. Then to the other side of my room, I see Luke! He is conscious but taped to a chair, tape on his mouth but I can make out the muffled profanities he is shouting at this man. Suddenly he lets go of my throat and starts shaking me, yelling my name over and over. I scream as loud as I possibly can, then it hits me. My dad isn't home, Carlos and Dad are staying at Tia's tonight. I scream as loud as I can hoping I can get the attention of someone who can help. 

"JULES. Julie wake up!" My eyes open, It's a nightmare thank god. "Julie, what's wrong, is everything ok?" It's Luke, I can recognize his voice. 

I turn the lamp next to my bed on. "Nightmare, that's all," I say, he pulls me into his chest for a hug and of course I start crying 

"Everything is ok. You are safe. I'm here, You're not alone" He reassures me. I get kinda embarrassed, I've cried in front of him but we were usually both crying at the same time. 

He doesn't care who am I kidding. 

After a while of me just crying in his arms he lets go of me. I don't want this embrace to end but I know that it should.

 "Are you good now, want to talk about it, What do you need?" He asks me in a soft reassuring tone. He looks into my puffy eyes. 

"Stay here with me tonight?" I ask him. 

Maybe it's the fact I'm still half awake or maybe just the adrenaline of my nightmare but I feel very bold asking that. 

Since we've been able to touch each other I've held his hand and hugged him but this is a new step. I've never actually cuddled or slept in the same bed with a guy who isn't my family. 

Of course, like the gentleman, he is he agrees. "Of course Jules, anything for you" this makes me smile, of course, he agreed, he really cares about me right? 

I start feeling a rising temperature, most around my face. I laugh awkwardly, "Do you mind if I change into like a sports bra or something. I'd understand if you would be uncomfortable with it too." I ramble to him.

Once again I think I'm on an adrenaline rush because this is really bold for me. Like shakes his head "I don't mind as long as you don't mind me taking my shirt off" He winks and chuckles. 

 "Nah I don't care" I turn my back to him as I change into a sports bra. I drop the tank to the ground and turn around to see him removing his shirt, "My eyes are up here little lady" He says when he catches me staring. 

Shit I was looking, and I was caught, but have you seen his abs?! "Sorry" I awkwardly chuckle. 

I put a hand to my cheeks and feel them already burning up. Either I am blushing or I have a fever. I hope for the latter.

Luke lays down and holds his arms open, I lay down as he spoons me, one of his arms Im using as a pillow, 

Wow, his bicep is huge,

and his other arm is over me. Luke rubs my stomach for a few minutes, This feels so weird, I don't hate it though. 

It sends butterflies through my body. Soon the rubbing stops and I hear him snore. 

I check the clock, 3:52 am, of course, I have a nightmare at 3 am, typical. The feeling of Luke next to me just calms me. "Thank you," I say to Luke very quietly, trying to not wake him. I soon after fall asleep. 

~~~~~~~

Ok yes, this chapter is shorter but like we are starting to get more JUKE, It is currently 12:30 am EST where I am, but will that stop me? NEVER! ahaha. Ima keep writing but I think

.Any suggestions would be great, you know how it is by now. I understand that you guys might not be active rn, but if you could comment on parts you like so that I can get an idea of what my readers like, THANKS!!!

 I've found it takes me around an hour to an hour and a half to write these. I will always add if this will be the last chapter for the day too. Sorry for the lack of POV changes. OK with that over with, more JUKE!!