chapter 28

THE DANCE

Reggie's POV

All three of us are ready for the dance, I'm nervous. Alex is wearing a light pink suit jacket with a white shirt under it. Luke in a basic black suit, he has a flower thing for Julie. Im wearing a basic red button-up shirt. 

I'm pacing around the studio. 2 more hours till this dance. "I wish I had a date for the dance" I pout, I've never had a date for a dance. "Hey Dude chill, it's ok, I don't,"  Alex says. Willie isn't going, he's been hiding out since being captured by Caleb. 

"Ok but still, I wish I had a date" I stomp my foot as I sit on the ground. This sucks. 

"Hey Phantoms!" An eccentric voice comes into the studio. Flynn. Ever since the party when she danced with me when nobody would it made me feel some sort of way towards her.

"Dance update! Still don't have a date but you guys will kill this" She seems fine without having a date, maybe I should ask her? I look in her hand and she has a black dry-cleaners bag, probably has her dress in it. 

I feel like it's getting hotter in the studio when I realize I'm just blushing. I panic and poof out into Julies room where she is getting ready. 

"Gah Reg" She jumps turning around. I look her up and down. I'm not into her cause she is Luke's girl but goddammit she is beautiful. "Wow Julie, you look stunning," I say speechless

She is wearing a navy blue dress that goes down to her feet and has a halter neckline, the dress is very flowy. She seems an inch or two taller which means she must have heels on. Her makeup is pretty light, with gold eyeshadow and red lipstick, It looks amazing on her. 

"Oh, thanks um is there anything you need?" She asks me blushing. I pause, should I really tell her this? "Can I take Flynn to the dance?" I spit out. 

Her eyes widen "FLYNN AS IN MY BEST FRIEND FLYNN?" She shouts at me, "Well you don't gotta tell the whole world, but yeah" I chuckle. She nods "As her best friend I am legally obligated to say. If you break her heart I will break you" 

I look shocked, is this what female friendships are like?  "So is that a yes?" I ask with hesitation. She chuckles "You have my blessing" This makes us both laugh. 

"What is all this noise" We hear a man's voice outside of Julies room. Before I can leave Ray opens the door. There he was, my idol, able to see me. "Julie who is this?" He says turning to look at her. 

"Reggie, I'm Reggie. I'm in Julie's band" I say reaching my hand out for him. This is unreal. He shakes my hand and I'm holding in all of the excitement. "Well nice to meet you but Julie, tell me when a guy is coming into your room next time, you know the rules" She nods as her dad leaves, leaving the door open. 

"I should leave before you get in more trouble," I say about to poof out, "My Dad saw you. Go out the door" She says glaring at me. I walk out the front door quickly. 

"Where's Flynn?" I ask as I walk back into the studio, she left? "In the bathroom changing," Luke says looking over to the closed bathroom door. 

I walk over to the guys and lower my voice "I'm gonna ask her to the dance" I way smiling.  Alex chuckles. "We sorta thought you would, based on what happened at that party a while ago," Alex says keeping his voice low "Yeah you guys ooze chemistry," Luke says in a mocking tone.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE WORD OOZE" Alex yells. 

"You guys should never say the word ooze" We hear a female voice coming from behind me. We all look up and see Flynn. I stand up "Woah" is all I can get out, "Flynn uh you look so, um you just look so, good," I say struggling to not come off too strong

Flynn is wearing a tight white dress that's off the shoulders and goes down to her knees. Her makeup is amazing, with some dusty pink eye shadow. She looks amazing. 

I run out into the garden outside and pick a small flower. I run back inside and hand it to Flynn "Go to the dance with me?" I ask as I hand her the flower. She smiles "Sure" I am internally freaking out. 

"Ok guys let's rock this school like they have never been rocked before," Julie says walking into the studio. "Owa Owa," Flynn says. Julie laughs.

 Me and the guys look confused "Gen Z" Alex says shaking his head. "You look perfect Jules," Luke says walking up to her. He looks confused as he stops in front of her, "You got taller, your almost my height" He says looking at her. This makes us all laugh. 

A/N So I was hoping to get the dance in this chapter but then it would be way too long. Besides, I started this chapter almost 3 hours ago and I keep getting distracted. I've been binging the guy's lives from insta that they save. Honestly, they are so funny. Anyways I'm gonna take a break for now. Also, Relynn will be making an appearance so stay tuned for that. 

I'd also just like to say thank you for all of the support I've been given, we are #2 on Juke like what?! The 1st place fanfic has over double views and votes, how is this happening? Is Wattpad lying to me and boosting my ego or something?!?!? Ok Thank you, keep commenting, it makes my day to hear you like the series. I'm gonna go slower with releasing chapters now, Ill minimally try to get one out daily until I run out of inspo or ideas. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!