chapter 37

Luke's POV

"Well, this shouldn't stop us from performing right?" Alex speaks up after a moment of silence. Julie seems nervous. "What if he exposes you guys?" She says with a crack in her sentence.

I wrap my arms around her. "He wouldn't do that to us," I say rubbing her shoulder. "What if?" She says gasping for air. I lower my voice and kiss the top of her head "It's ok, we are going to be ok" I say calming her down.

This will surely result in some disaster.

Ray and Carlos walk into the studio. Seems like Carlos just finished a baseball game. "Everything ok Mija?" Ray asks Julie. She smiles "Yeah everything's good" He clearly doesn't believe her. 

"We are playing the Orpheum tomorrow again," Flynn says trying to change the tone. Ray and Carlos get really excited for us. "Yes I get to stay up late again," Carlos says pumping his fist.

We spend some time debating what song to perform. We chose Bright as that was something only Julie's school saw. 

We practice Bright for hours. We want it to be perfect. 

(Next night at the Orpheum) 

Julie's POV

We get there and head into the dressing room. The guys poof in after us. "At least you guys are here this time. Just don't get taken in the next 2 hours before we go on" Flynn jokes lightening the mood. 

After half an hour of waiting I go do sound check, it's fun getting to do all of this. It's been my dream for the longest time. 

After spending more time with Flynn and the guys in the dressing room we get a knock on the door. The guys, using their combined 2 brain cells, hide in the small curtained-off section for the performers to change. The area that uncomfortably fits even one person. 

Flynn opens the door. "Mr. Wilson" He nods at her "Hi Flynn. Could I get a minute alone with her" He says pointing at me. She looks back at me and I nod. "I'll be back in 15 minutes," She says walking out 

"Hi Julie, It's been a while," He says sitting on the couch in my dressing room. "Um it has, what did you want?" I say sitting on a chair across from him. "I wanted to ask about your holograms. Where did you meet these guys?" He asks me taking off his sunglasses. 

Who wears sunglasses inside?

"Oh um they were a band in the '90s. I learnt some things and took old recorded things of them and there we are" I say quickly, not thinking. If I told him the story of the Sweedish boys he might believe that less.

 "Do you remember the name of this band? Do you have permission to use them?" Trevor asks me. I take a deep breath. Stay cool Julie.

 "Um, something like Sunset Swerve" I smile, remembering the first night I met the guys. "They actually passed away, they were going to play here. Then died, one band member didn't. He doesn't seem to be anywhere though. So I just used the three" 

He nods at me, I don't think he believes my story. "Ok Julie, it's just you and me here. How did you do it?" He says looking at me seriously. I panic, I don't know what to say to him. 

"Julie you are going on in 5 minutes" We hear someone knock on the door. I stand up, grab my mic, and leave Trevor in my dressing room. I later realize that was a mistake. 

We perform Bright despite the extreme stress we were under. I think Luke knew how nervous I was as when he was on stage he stayed by my side the entire time.