chapter 61

Short promo, come vibe on Instagram live with me while I write these chapters. We have a good time.  @inseperable_jatp

***NEXT DAY***

Random Nurses POV

I walk to the system to see if we have anything on him. When I look up 'Luke Patterson' the profile that comes up is his but says he was born in 1978. "Doctor Miller. You need to see this" I say calling over the Doctor. 

"What's going on?" The doctor says looking at the profile. "This boy. He came in untouched and perfectly fine but had no pulse, brain activity. He was dead but when I looked him up to update mortality status, this kid died in 1995" I say looking over at the doctor. 

"Probably a fluke in the system. Family was called?" The doctor says to me. I shake my head "No family to contact" The doctor nods. "Ok then. Can you bring me to the body?" I lead her over. 

On the way over I pass her the chart for the boy. "Medical mystery indeed" The doctor opens the door keeping her eyes on the chart. That's when the doctor screams. "What's wrong," I say following her into the room. 

That's when I see it. "He's gone? Who would steal a body!" I say in shock. "Call security and check the cameras," The doctor says me to running towards an intercom system. Probably putting us on lockdown.

LUKE'S POV

I'm woken up to the sound of an announcement over the system. 

"Building on lockdown. Code yellow" A female voice says in an urgent tone.

 I quickly grab Julie's broken phone next to her bed and look up what a code yellow is. "Shit" 

Code yellow: Missing patient. 

I quickly jump up and sneak back into my room. But on the way there I accidentally run into a nurse. "LUKE" She screams. I recognize her voice, she was one of the nurses in the room when I woke up. 

"How? You were brain dead, you had no pulse" She says sitting me down. "STAY" The nurse yells as she uses a tablet-looking thing which calls off the code yellow. 

She makes me follow her back to my room where she gives me an assessment. "How are you alive, functioning?" She says to me, feeling my nonexistent pulse. 

"I don't know, I feel fine can I just please be with Julie. She needs me. She probably thinks she dreamed seeing me, still thinks I'm dead" 

The nurse gives me a look. "You're a medical mystery, a drunk driver hit your car head-on and you have no scratches or marks. We need you to stay here" She says pushing my shoulders down slightly, probably to keep me from getting up. 

"Fine" I mutter as I get tested over and over again. Somehow they are able to draw blood. The way my body works is so strange. After a while, all of my tests are done. "Luke, there is another thing we need to ask you about," She says looking at me seriously. 

I tilt my head in confusion. "Yeah what" I ask her. "When were you born and how old are you" Shit. I didn't think about that. 

"Um November 8th, 2003," I say after taking a minute to think.  "Ok strange. Your profile says your 43 years old. Luke your record shows that you died in 1995 from food poisoning" She looks concerned.

"Weird. I- I don't know anything about that, I mean wouldn't that make me like 40 years old" I awkwardly chuckle. "I'm clearly 18," I say gesturing to myself. She takes a deep breath. "Strange" 

She walks out of the room and I let out the breath I was holding onto. I wait around for a few hours. As much as I wanna see Julie and break the rules, I think I should stay.