chapter 13

Julies POV

I lay down in bed, my head in Lukes's lap as he plays with my hair. I hum a melody that I came up with, more that my brain came up with one day. 

"Whatcha singing?" Luke asks looking at me. I smile up at him "Well I wrote something" I say to him. Luke looks intrigued.

 I get up and go over to my dream box, I open it up and grab a piece of paper. I hand it to Luke.

"Perfect Harmony? It's a duet?" He says looking at me. I nod. "Step into my world, bittersweet love story bout a girl" Luke reads to himself. "Holy shit Jules this is amazing" I smile widely, I've always been insecure about my songwriting. 

He reads through my song "When did you write this" I chuckle "Well it's sorta a long story but the day of my dance project with Nick" Luke looks disappointed for a second "ITS ABOUT YOU" I reassure him I laugh. I tell him the story of what happened (If you need recap episode 7 8:40-11:30)

"Why don't we pitch it to the guys" Luke suggests. I think for a second. "I don't know, this song wouldn't sound good with drums or bass" I shrug "It's a nice thought though... WAIT" Luke has an idea I guess "What what is it?" I ask him "What if we recorded this, then post it online or something, it wouldn't be a thing we do at shows, I mean unless they'd wanna see it" He seems excited. I nod in agreement. 

A while later we head down to the studio, Alex and Reggie think it's a cool idea to start posting our stuff online. Flynn comes over and we set up a camera. Luke gets his guitar and we start singing. It's going better than I thought. Suddenly when the music ends Luke plants a kiss on my lips which kinda startles me. 

"Sorry I had to," He said when the camera cut. "We can rerecord it if you want" He suggests "Just post it, Flynn," I say smiling at Luke. So there Flynn goes, posting this video exposing that Luke and I are a thing. At the time I didn't think of it but there is one important factor I should have thought of.

My dad.

Later that night I head down to the kitchen to see my dad making a sandwich, Reggie having a one-sided conversation with him. I try not to laugh. "Hi Dad" I say kissing his cheek. 

"Oh, Mija I need to talk to you about something" He has a concerned look on his face "Julie what did you do?" I hear Reggie peep up. "What's up?" I ask him, my mind forgetting about the video we posted. My Dad reaches into his pocket, pulls out his phone and scrolls to the end of the video. 

Shit

"Wanna explain this?" He says  "ummmm, I think it's kinda self-explanatory," I say, my cheeks glowing "Are the Phantoms in LA?" My dad questions me, I don't know what to tell him "Uh yeah they are" I say. I know he is gonna wanna meet them which makes me worry because he would really be able to see Luke.

"Well only the one is here, Luke, Alex and Reggie are still in Sweden" I nod my head, Reggie looks offended. "Well I'd love to meet this Luke, seems like you two are...close," He says looking back at the freezeframe of Luke kissing me.

My dad starts lecturing me on dating, he then almost started to have 'the talk' but I left very quickly, I had to tell Luke. 

Luke's POV

"Im meeting your dad?" I say my eyes widening, I knew I shouldn't have pulled that stunt "Bad news is that your only visible if we are in contact with each other. Sitting at the table should be fine but what about if I need to get up or something" 

Julie seems stressed, she's pacing like Alex does when he's stressed. I jump in front of her and grab her shoulders, "We will be ok, ok? Deep breath in" I calm her down before this anxiety turns into a full-blown panic attack. 

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" I ask Julie, she nods her head pretty aggressively. I laugh and kiss her forehead before pulling her into my chest. "My stress ball girlfriend" I get butterflies just saying that. 

We poof up to her room where she throws on my 'RUSH' tank from the '90s, she looks cute in my clothes, they are huge on her. I rip my shirt off and throw it onto the ground. I catch Julie starring. I think she noticed that I noticed cause she gets flustered, she's adorable when she's flustered.  

I lay behind her and cuddle up to her, this is amazing. I couldn't want more.

I can't fall asleep I'm just so happy. I notice she's asleep though "I love you Julie Molina" I say quietly before falling asleep. 

~~~~

Heya, SO Im currently rewatching JATP for the 12th time now, Im trying to remember more details from the show, I might make some hidden references here and I've already included a few (See if you can spot them) I love JUKE so goddam much. They are what I wish I could have in my relationships. Ok love ya, ima keep writing so come back in an hour or so for chapter 14.