chapter 75

JULIE'S POV

According to Willie, my time in this reality is coming to an end today. For the past while, we have just been chatting. As much as I will miss the kids, I know that this will be my reality one day in the future. 

"Hey, Jules you ok?" Luke says putting a hand on my shoulder, I must have zoned out. "Uh yeah. Just grateful to be here" I say smiling. "Ok then," He says rubbing my shoulder.

"Hey, I just lost my husband less than a year ago, keep the lovey-dovey down" Willie jokes. "Sorry bout that" I chuckle. 

Eventually, Rose gets exhausted and runs over to me and collapsed in my arms. "I'm going to sleep here now," She says lying down on my lap. "Ok then baby," I say cradling her. Luke and Willie laugh. 

"She's so much like her mother. When she decides something, she sticks to it" Willie laughs. "I can't tell if that is an insult or complement" Luke laughs along. 

"I'll miss this" I mutter to myself, looking down at Rose. "Miss what?" Luke says looking at me. I shoot my head up and look at Willie. "Um I'll miss when she is this small, soon she will be a teenager" I laugh.

She's four... what are you thinking Julie?

LUKE'S POV

Before we go through with our plan I poof into Julie's room in the hospital. Flynn is sitting next to her, passed out. 

I slip a letter into her pocket that I had written just incase the plan fails. I'll want her to know that I did what I could. I kiss her forehead before poofing in front of the Ghost Club, meeting up with the guys.

"You ready?" Alex says looking at me. I wipe a tear away, thinking about never seeing Julie again scares me. "No. But we don't have time to wait" I chuckle, Reggie grabs my hand with reassurance. 

We walk into the Hollywood Ghost Club. The place is crowded with lifers. Alex keeps his hand in his pocket, holding onto the button Cassie gave us. "Ah my band is here, Willie got here first" Caleb laughs maniacally. 

"So I don't like to assume but what is the verdict?" He says leading us to a room where Willie is sitting. "We want to know how this works. From what Willie told us, you would take our souls, then we would play in your band for eternity?" I say, stepping in front of the guys. 

"Exactly, you have a good teacher," Caleb says looking over at Willie.  "Let's do this then," Alex says, We are putting a lot of trust in him to hit the button in time. He takes his hand out of his pocket which I hope means he did it. 

"Ok then. This will take a minute so any volunteers?" Caleb says looking at us. 

JULIE'S POV

After another couple of hours pass, I am still here. Maybe Willie was wrong. "Julie you have been looking worried all day," Luke says sitting next to me on the couch. "Just got a lot on my mind, that's all" I chuckle. 

"Ok well if you really need anything, I'm here," He says getting up and grabbing Lexi. "Meanwhile, This little girl needs to go take a nap" 

"Still yourself?" Willie asks, walking over from Rose's room where he just put Percy and Rose to sleep. "Yep, nothing. Maybe they failed" I sigh. "They won't fail, have, faith. There is still a few hours" He says sitting on an armchair across from me. 

"Yeah I know, I know. It's just hard. As much as I miss my life, I started liking this one" I smile. "Well, you will be back in eleven years. If it helps, You won't remember any of this" Willie chuckles.