chapter 67

***LONG CHAPTER***

***NEXT DAY***

LUKE'S POV

I wake up and initially don't recognize where I am. I'm so used to waking up in Julie's bed or on the couch that being in my old bed is a surprise. 

Just as I'm about to poof over to the studio I stop to think. I should really say goodbye. I turn the handle of my door and walk out into the hallway. This is so bizarre.

"Mom," I say stepping into the kitchen. "Gosh Luke you startled me," She says trying not to spill her coffee. "I'm sorry" I chuckle as I sit down with her at the kitchen table. "How did you sleep," She says taking a sip of her coffee. 

I nod my head. "Pretty good. I missed it here I guess" I say getting up to grab a glass of water. As I pass by my mom I lightly kiss the top of her head. 

"So are you asking Julie today?" She says to me as I fill a glass at the sink. "Yeah. It's been a year since we met so I thought today would be special" I walk back and sit down. I look around. "Where's Dad?" I say kinda wishing he was here. 

"On a hike. Every few days he hikes the pathway behind the Hollywood sign" I smile, I used to head out there when I was upset with them

"Uh, Mom I just wanted to apologize. I was an absolute asshole to you as a kid. My biggest regret in life was leaving you. You were the only thing on my mind for those twenty-five years until we came back"  I say grabbing one of her hands. 

"Luke cut it out. I should have supported you and the boys. I guess I just couldn't see how absolutely talented you are" She says holding the side of my face in her palm. I try not to cry. 

I take a deep breath "So we good?" I say smiling. She nods. "Now go propose to your girlfriend!" Mom says smiling widely. "I always wanted a daughter" She laughs. "Oh shush," I say playfully.

We say our goodbyes and I poof over to the studio. "Where were you all night?" Alex says sitting at the drums. "I don't remember Julie getting home either" Reggie added, raising his eyebrows insinuating something happened. 

"Reggie cut it out," I say throwing a pillow at him. "I talked to Mom and Dad" I explain smiling as I sit down. "Wait Mitch and Emily know? Can I see them again!" Reggie exclaims, jumping up from his seat.

"Maybe another time. Me and Julie won't be making it to rehearsal tonight by the way. I have plans for us" I say going over to my drawer. 

"You're blowing us off to have sex with your girlfriend. Really?!" Reggie complains. "Ok slow down. No sex... well probably not" I smirk as I open the drawer. 

"Then why are you blowing us off again" Alex questions. "Because," I say flipping open the box with Rose's rings in it. "Wait what!?" Alex yells coming over to me. 

"Tonight. When we met I overheard her and Flynn talking about their dream proposals" I smile putting the box back into my pocket.

"Fly, or in our case poof, over to Paris. Rooftop dinner looking over the city and Eiffel tower" I smile. "Then the guy would get on one knee, make some cheesy and cliche proposal speech and open the box" I say smiling. I remembered as I was already falling for her then. 

"Dude, amazing memory," Reggie says, his jaw hanging open. "So I'm headed there early to set up. I say grabbing a few things. "When I see you next I will hopefully be an engaged man with a  fiance" I wink before poofing to the place I had found last week.