chapter 66

***2 DAYS LATER***

LUKE'S POV 

Julie and I are sitting up in her bedroom. We are both silent, Julie on her phone and I'm just daydreaming out the window. "Hey, Luke?" She says looking over at me. I'm sitting on her windowsill. 

"What up baby?" I say looking over at her. "Did you ever want kids? Like when you were younger" She asks me, putting her phone down. I think for a second. "Of course. I mean I always liked the idea of being a father" I smile.

"Really? I couldn't imagine you as a dad" She laughs. "I don't know why. I just always imagined my future like that. Perfect partner, children, great job. I would have a better relationship with my parents. Well, that last one not so much" I chuckle. 

"You?" I ask her. Julie nods. "For a long time, I've always been the mom while playing family or something. I guess we just have to suck it up and accept our child won't be biologically ours" 

I get up and wrap my arms around her. "Hey, we will be alright? Ok?" I say rubbing her shoulder, kissing the top of her head. "We are just a special couple" I laugh. 

"I think I've learnt that. Mainly by the number of times, we have been kidnapped" She laughs. "Well normally that number is zero and combined it's been three times" I join in laughing.

"Do you know what day it is in five days?" I ask as I sit next to her. She shakes her head 'no'

I pout, "REALLY! You don't remember?" I say, feeling jokingly offended. "What day is it?" She asks laughing. "Well if you don't remember I'm not telling you" I shake my head playfully. "Come on Luke really?" She complains.

"That's on you for having a bad memory" I laugh. 

***4 DAYS LATER***

Julie is in school today so it's the perfect chance to talk to Ray. I actually get ready and make myself presentable. 

I knock on the door, holding my breath. "Luke? come in" Ray says moving to the side. "Why aren't you in school" I pause. "Uh, the class got dismissed early" I lie. 

"Ok then. Everything good?" He asks as we sit down at the table. I'm terrified. "Um Ray I wanted to ask you something," I say wiping the sweat from my hands off on my pants. "Ok?" He says furrowing his brow.

"Um Mr. Molina, Ray. I wanted to um- ugh sorry" I say rubbing the back of my neck. "It's ok, is something wrong?" He asks. "No nothing's wrong. I'm just nervous out of my mind" I laugh. 

"Take your time Luke" Ray chuckles. I take a deep breath and sit up straight. "Ray I wanted to ask Julie to marry me," I say in one breath. 

Before he has a chance to respond I speak up again. "And as much as I respect you, because Julie is now an adult she doesn't need your permission. I just respect you too much to ask without telling you" 

He looks shocked. He looks at the ground and up again. "I don't know if it's a good idea, your both so young," He says sighing. 

Oh if only he knew. 

"Ray, that girl is my soulmate. I've never met any other girl as special as her" I say smiling. He nods. "Well, I guess she is old enough to make her own decisions. Just don't hurt her" 

"I would never imagine anything like that," I say as he reaches out his hand to shake. "So you have a ring?" He asks me. I shake my head. Ray gets up and walks upstairs. 

Where is he going?

He comes back down with a small box with a dahlia on the top. "What's this?" I ask as he hands the box to me. "Just open it" I open the box and gasp.