chapter 23

Luke's POV

After a few hours of hanging out most of us get tired. Flynn and Willie both head home, Alex goes with Willie. 

Reggie had fallen asleep a while ago on my couch. I look at Julie with an innocent expression "Ok come on" she laughs as she brings me to her room. Ray and Carlos were out for the night. Carlos has a tournament out of town so they got a Hotel for convenience. We have the house to ourselves. 

I go ahead up to Julies room to start getting ready for sleep, I haven't slept well in a week. I lie down on her bed, this is so much comfier than the floor.

Julie walks in and leans on the door frame. "That bed has felt so much bigger without you" she laughs, I smile

I run my hand through my hair. "Jules I have something to tell you," I say, Im extremely nervous. She gives me a worried look as she sits on the bed "When I was in that basement there was really only one thing keeping me fighting" I pause and grab her hands in mine "You, I probably would have given up hope sooner if it weren't for you" I smile "I feel like this is kind of obvious but I just wanted to tell you, Julie Molina, I-" I look into her eyes "I love you" I say smiling

"Luke," She says grabbing the back of my neck, "Luke Patterson, I love you too" she smiles. 

I pull her onto my lap and kiss her deeply. I don't go farther with her, I just want to go to sleep. 

Flynn's POV

"HE LOVES ME, HE TOLD ME HE LOVES ME!" Julie shouts on the other side of the phone. "Wait Jules, does he love you?" I laugh as she keeps repeating herself like a broken record "Har har very funny" she says sarcastically

"Did you say it back?" I ask "Of course I did, why wouldn't I?" I sigh "Julie you have been dating this guy for what? two-three weeks, one of those weeks you spent with no contact, and you love him?" I ask, I'm concerned that's all. 

"Did I mention that he had a perfect opportunity to have sex with me and he didn't!" Julie exclaims "How would that work with a ghost, nevermind," I say laughing "I don't think sex-ed teaches on what to do with a ghost" Julie chimes in

"Well, I gotta go, come over for our little thing tonight?" Julie asks me. "Oh, course would never miss it" I laugh as I hang up the phone. Sometimes I truly worry about that girl's sanity

A few hours later I head over to Julies studio, Ray and Carlos are still out of town for now. 

We decide to play truth or dare. It's Me, Julie, Alex, Luke and Reggie. 

Julie's POV

"Reggie truth or dare?" I ask "Dare," Reggie says confidently "Ok I'm gonna draw something on the back of your neck with a sharpie" I grab out a marker and draws a little ghost graphic with a bass. "Aww it's cute," Reggie says, which makes me smile.

"Luke Truth or Dare?" Luke looks over at me "Truth" he smiles "When did you develop feelings for Julie?" Luke thinks, "Well I started feeling something for her on the day I gave her Bright, but I knew I really liked her during the Bright performance," Luke says kissing my cheek, this makes my pre-existing smile wider. 

The game goes on for around an hour or 2 longer. Flynn prank called Carrie, I made a rap song about my life, Alex admitted to having a crush on John Stamos back in the '90s, this game was going great. 

"Ok, last round then I gotta head home, Alex, truth or dare?" Flynn asks him "Truth" Alex always picks truth "Who was your first kiss?"Flynn asks as if it is majorly scandalous" Flynn we won't know who this is" I laugh. 

I look over at Luke who's face matches Alex's, both tomato red. "Alex who was it," I ask "Um I don't think I should tell you," he says in a muted tone. "Who was it, I won't care, I don't care if it was a girl or something," I say to him. He shakes his head and looks up at Luke, Luke shrugs then nods.

Alex takes a deep breath in "Um my first kiss was Luke" I'm left confused "Huh?" Is all I can get out "Julie I'm so sorry, I should have told you" Luke says looking over at me. 

"Well um I'm gonna leave, see you later Julie, call me" Flynn yells as she runs out, she just wanted to avoid the drama. Reggie goes and sits on the couch. 

"Luke why didn't you tell me this," I say annoyed with him "Don't you think I would have liked to know?" I start raising my voice at him 

"Julie I didn't think it would be a big deal, It was forever ago and we were just kids," Luke says raising his voice back, he continues "It's not a big deal, if you kissed Flynn I wouldn't care!" I scoff "I don't care that you kissed a dude, whatever, Im pissed that you didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me," I say looking him up and down shaking my head. 

Alex chimes in "I mean Julie it's not like we dated" This comment gets a reaction from Luke, clearly that was a lie "How long?" I yell at the both of them now "A year" they both mutter

"A YEAR. LUKE I ASKED YOU ABOUT THIS AND YOU SAID YOU FORGOT HER NAME" I yell at him even louder, this kinda hurts me "YOU TOLD ME YOU DATED SOME GIRL IN FRESHMAN YEAR, WHAT WAS HER NAME? ALEXANDRA?" I continue yelling "Julie calm down, I just didn't know how to tell you," Luke says in a calm hushing voice. 

"CALM DOWN, LUKE THIS IS SERIOUS" "JULIE STOP IT THIS ISNT IMPORTANT, LET'S JUST TALK ABOUT THIS LATER" We start yelling over top of each other. 

"GUYS SHUT UP, Look" Alex yells at us pointing at Reggie. He is curled up on the couch rocking himself. "Reggie come here," I say running over to him. I sit down and open my arms. "Shh shh your ok now," I say holding him close

"Reggie we are so deeply sorry," Luke says kneeling beside him. Alex runs to go get some water. "You know my history with this Luke, I just, I can't" Reggie cries in my arms. I feel horrible.

I look over at Luke and mouth 'We will talk about this later' and he nods. We manage to calm him down with a combination of water, breathing and distracting him. We put Reggie to bed up in the loft, Alex stays with him.

Me and Luke walk out of the studio to talk. "Luke, I- I shouldn't have overreacted," I say to him "Nah I should have felt comfortable coming out to you, everything is just so confusing now in the 21st century" he pauses "I've always thought I was Bi, Really in the '90s you were either straight or gay, I was always both" He chuckles "But after some research and digging I- I think I'm Pansexual," Luke says quietly. 

I hug him "I don't care about how you identify, I just want you to be my boyfriend and happy" I laugh. He hugs me back "Thank you so much," He says. We head to sleep, it's been a tiring day.