chapter 63

***Updated timeline at the end of this chapter***

⚠️LONGER CHAPTER⚠️

***TWO WEEKS LATER***

Julie's POV

We have an appointment for my ankle around 7 pm. I hate going to the hospital. My ankle feels unnaturally well for only healing three weeks. When its time to go I hesitate to get into the car. I have a pit in my stomach the entire drive over. I shake it off as nerves. 

"So how is it looking?" My Dad asks Dr. Miller. She has a confused look on her face. "Tell me how this feels," She says turning my ankle to the side slowly. "It feels amazing Doctor M" I chuckle, it doesn't hurt at all. "Strange, and now?" She says turning it the other way slightly faster. 

"As I said, feels great," I say looking at her. "Weird. I need an x-ray to confirm my idea" She says writing something onto her board. "Before we head to the machine. I want you to try to walk, no crutches" 

I look nervous. The last time I tried to walk I fell and hurt myself, that was a week ago. "Um ok," I nod. I take a deep breath. I reach my hands out to brace myself when I fall.

Is this a standard broken ankle procedure? I pause. "Take your time," Dr. Miller says to me. After preparing myself I stand up. I close my eyes expecting to fall to the ground and hurt myself. 

When I open them I'm standing like normal. I look at my Dad then back to Dr. Miller. I take a few steps and roll my ankle a little. "It feels like nothing happened" I laugh in shock.

"Mija this is amazing. Dr. Miller, how is this happening?" My Dad says standing up to help stabilize me. "Well like I said, we would need an x-ray but sometimes these things can heal in three weeks instead of eight" She says looking shocked. 

"It rarely happens though" She finishes. "SO DO I GET THIS BOOT OFF NOW?" I say getting excited. "Calm down, but yes, if the x-ray comes back and your ankle has somehow fully healed." She says leaving the room. 

After a nurse comes to take me to the x-ray, the results come back in. Me and Dad are waiting in my room when Dr. Miller comes in. "Congratulations Julie, you get your boot off" She smiles. I release my breath. "Thank you so much!" I say smiling widely. 

"Just in time for your birthday," Dad says rubbing my shoulder. 

That's right.

With everything going on I forgot that my 18th birthday is in a week and a half. I guess I haven't enjoyed my birthday since Mom died and I hadn't met the guys till a week after I turned 17. 

"Well happy early birthday. Now let's get this cast off" Miller says as she walks out the room. Hopefully to get someone to take this dumb cast off.

After an hour of waiting and the physical removal of the boot, we are headed out. As we get out to the car I freeze. "Mija are you ok?" My Dad says after noticing I stopped. "I- I can't," I say. 

Ever since I've avoided getting into cars as much as I can. I've been walking everywhere. 

I start running the other way. Even though Dr Miller said to avoid physical activity for the next few weeks but I couldn't stay here. 

The trauma and memories take over. I keep running till I feel like my bad ankle is going to wipe out. Luckily for me, I stopped in front of my house. 

I walk into the studio with a slight limp. The guys are there with Flynn. "Julie are you ok?" Luke says standing up. He looks down and sees the lack of cast and my raised foot off the ground.