chapter 92

***ONE WEEK LATER***

LUKE'S POV

It's been so fucking hard hiding the pregnancy. It almost feels like Julie's stomach is getting bigger every day. With the twins, she is showing even sooner than expected. Julie works from home when she can or wears supper baggy clothing, although soon the big clothes will get suspicious or start fitting. 

We are just waiting for the news to get leaked any minute now. I check my phone constantly, making sure nobody found out somehow. 

Julie has been stressed out of her mind lately. Yes she is terrified about having kids, but the thought of miscarrying is what's currently on her mind. 

At least that's what she told me. I don't blame her, I've already fallen in love with my Peanuts. 

 We also told Andi and Kenny. They were supportive but both of them wondered about our music. So far we have been focusing on writing but we have our next gig booked. Like our old ones when we first became a band, we decide to do one song. Julie doesn't want to push herself like normal.

Today Julie and I have been laying in bed writing music in our pyjamas. Well, Julie doesn't change out of sweats much to hide her stomach but you get the point. "What time is it?" She asks as we finish up the second verse to our new song.

"Like two. Why?" I say checking my phone. "Ugh, I have to go see Flynn. Looking online for places in Cambridge" She laughs getting up to get changed. "I see," I say turning back to my notebook.

"OH COME ON" Julie exclaims. "What?" I say looking up with worry. She points at her stomach and the jeans that won't go farther than her hips. "Just wear your sweatpants. I can go out to get maternity clothes or something" I say standing up.

"Luke no, you don't have to" She swipes her hand down as she pulls her baggy sweatpants back on. "I insist" I chuckle as I wrap my arms around her waist from behind. "Ok, that was just my polite way of asking you to take Alex. I don't trust you with my clothing" Julie laughs as she takes her phone out. 

Every time she reaches a new week, she takes a photo of the bump. I find it a little silly but she likes the constant reminders. I mean my kids are in there. It's a crazy idea. "Ugh I'm huge, like a whale," She says lifting her shirt up to take the picture

I smile for the picture but my faked expression drops quickly. "You are not a whale!" I say crossing my arm. "Really? Because look at this" Julie says pressing her belly lightly. "Oh come on. Peanut one and two are the best" I laugh, making her roll her eyes. 

"Whatever. Just bring Alex to get clothes" Julie laughs as she walks out of her room, kissing me lightly. 

I sit back on the bed and flip through the songs we wrote over the past week.  They are good if I say so myself. 

"Yo Alex," I say knocking on his door. "Wait a second" I hear Alex say as I hear a poofing noise. "Come in" 

"Sorry didn't mean to interrupt whatever was happening here," I say turning the doorknob and waving my hands around in his general direction. "All good, he had to go anyways. What's up?" Alex says laying in bed. 

"Julie doesn't trust me to get maternity clothes, and she needs some new clothes," I say scratching the back of my neck. 

"Ah yeah unless she wanted to wear t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, she came to the right place" Alex laughs getting out of bed.