chapter 72

LUKE'S POV

I would do anything for that girl. If joining Caleb's band gives Julie her freedom back, so be it. "Luke you clearly aren't thinking straight," Alex says to me as he gets up off of the couch. 

"All I'm doing is thinking about what's right for Julie" I shout. "You heard what Cassandra said, there are other options. Other things we can do"  Reggie says in a peaceful, calm tone. Opposite of mine.

"Ok and what are those other things?" I say as I keep chucking the darts. "I'm not sure yet. But from her weird sentences, Julie doesn't seem to be scared at the moment" Reggie says sitting down.

"Keyword there is 'at the moment'. Guys you both know what it's like to love someone. I'm sure you would be in the same boat as I am if it were Flynn or Willie" I say leaning against the piano. "Ok yes, but we have time. Let's not rush this Luke" Alex says standing next to me, resting a hand on my shoulder. 

I think for a minute. From what Julie was saying it really seems like she is happy or at least not scared or hurt. I sigh "Ok then what do we do?" I say giving in. From the way they are looking at each other, they must have thought that it would take more convincing. 

"Well, we don't know. What can you offer an eternal ghost woman who probably has everything she wants and needs" Reggie chuckles 

"There must be something stopping her from just giving us to Caleb. Like some moral afterlife code or something," Alex says tapping his foot.  

JULIE'S POV

After we put Rose to be me and Luke go back to the living room. "Do you ever think it's weird? That I'm ageing and your not?" I say looking over at him. He shakes his head. "Not really because I love you regardless of looks" He smiles. 

Even with age, Luke has a way of flattering a girl. "You've seemed off all day. Are you alright?" He says looking at me with a weird expression. 

"Yeah I just feel like the last eleven years of my life are just a blur. The last thing I remember was dealing with Cassandra, Caleb's niece or something weird like that" I say laughing, he looks confused. 

"Caleb? Cassandra? Who are these people? Was that before the accident?" Luke says tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I laugh "How do you not remember Caleb? The man who kidnapped us both" I can't believe that Luke forgot, maybe Caleb issues go away in the future.

"Kidnapped? Are you sure you aren't just like vividly remembering a dream or something?" Luke says getting up off the couch and heading to the kitchen. How does he not remember these things?

"Luke? How did we meet?" I ask him, twisting my body to look at him.  "Jules you know that I don't know how we met" He laughs. "How do you not remember?" I say trying to figure what's going on. 

"Well, all I know is that I was in a coma for twenty-five years along with Alex and Reggie. We lived our lives for a year or so then something happened to us again and we all have a thing like amnesia. I only remember the past eleven years of my life. Julie, you know this" Luke says grabbing a bottle of wine. 

I bite my lip. "Coma? You died Luke. That's why you don't age" I say standing up. "Died? Julie did you take some drugs or something" Luke laughs.

 I roll my eyes at him. "Maybe! The last thing I remember was being eighteen and quitting the band!" I raise my voice. 

"Please lower your voice, the kids are trying to sleep Julie" Luke hisses at me. I shake my head and raise my hands. "I'm going to bed," I say walking upstairs.