chapter 49

Willie's POV

Something is very very wrong. I don't know what's going on. I didn't know what to do so I went to Julie, I can trust her right? I hope I can really trust her. 

"Something is wrong," I say pacing around. She gets up and tries to grab my shoulders to stop me, forgetting that because we aren't connected like she is with Alex and the guys her hands pass through. 

"Ok um Willie, what's wrong. Calm down and talk to me" Julie raises her voice slightly. "Julie I can't, I don't understand what's happening," I say as I get jolted pretty badly, falling to the ground. 

Her expression changes. She recognizes what's happening. "How did this happen?" She says trying, and failing, to hold me. "How did this happen," She says sitting next to me. I shake my head. "Caleb must have found out how to put a stamp on me from a distance" 

Julie sighs. "Well can you tell me what happened leading up to when you got the stamp?" I nod trying to think. 

"I was skating down the strip, passing through lifers like normal. I eventually bump into someone. I looked up almost expecting it to be Alex or one of the guys. But it wasn't any of them" I start, I didn't think too much of the interaction so I need to think really hard. 

"I apologized and it's some blond kid. Was wearing a fedora and some suit" I say thinking back to the limited interaction. "He shook my hand an-" I realize. "Oh shit, that was Nick," I say thinking back to the week we spent in that basement together. 

Julie's jaw drops. "Nick has been possessed by Caleb. That's where Caleb has been hiding out" She says grabbing her chest. "But he convinced me, He knew things that Caleb wouldn't have" I shake my head. "He gets information out of people easily" 

"He must have put his stamp on you then, secretly or something" Julie has the realization. "Well, what's gonna happen now?" That makes me think about  Alex. "I need to cross over," I say feeling my stomach twist. 

"No that's not fair" She shakes her head "Alex needs you, we need a different option,"  Julie says pacing around. "The guys lost their stamps and didn't cross over, maybe we can figure out your version," Julie says holding one of her arms out 

I shake my head, "Julie, that's impossible. The odds are that their unfinished business was to bring music back into your life, whatever controls this who concept probably knew that you would stop singing if the guys died again. That's not my case" 

"Julie you can't tell Alex, nobody can know," I say wishing I could get a hug from her. This activates something in her. "NO WILLIE, YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND. ALEX WILL BE BROKEN IF HE THINKS YOU JUST GHOSTED HIM AGAIN" She yells at me. 

This takes me back. "Julie I can't hurt him," I say sighing. She bites her lip. 

"NO! LEAVING HIM WITH NO EXPLANATION IS WAY WORSE. ESPECIALLY WITH HIS ANXIETY. IT WILL BREAK HIM" She keeps yelling. "IF LUKE NEEDED TO CROSS OVER AND HE NEVER TOLD ME, I WOULD BREAK. HELL, THEY TRIED CROSSING OVER AND THEY WERNT GOING TO TELL ME AND THAT BROKE ME"  She started crying. 

I seriously wish I could hug her. I guess I really should tell Alex, I get her points. If Alex crossed over without telling me that would suck. I sigh before unjamming her door and poofing out. 

I poof over outside the studio and get hit by another jolt, that really hurts. I walk into the studio and the three of them are in there. "Alex can we talk," I say holding onto my shoulder. Alex stands up and walks out with me.

"What's up?" He asks me, looking at me questioning. "I need to cross over," I say holding back tears. "WHAT?!" He shouts. This loud reaction makes Reggie and Luke burst out of the studio. "WHAT'S GOING ON?" Luke yells looking at us. 

Alex looks at me "Willie needs to cross over. Mind telling us why?" Alex says with anger in his voice. I don't even need to answer as I get hit by another heavy jolt. All of their jaws hanging open. "No! How?" Reggie says this hits them hard. 

"Caleb, I shook his hand when he was in Nick's body. Figured out how to stamp me then" I say recovering. "So you cross over or die, that's great" Alex mutters as he poofs off. 

This is why I didn't want to tell them, especially Alex. I chew the inside of my cheek "I'm sorry guys" I say poofing off.  

~~~~

I had to make more drama I am sorry 😢 

Also, full chapter in Willies POV wasn't the plan but I felt like it just made more sense. 

What do yall think Willies unfinished business is?  

Also, the part about the guy's unfinished business was actually a theory I initially heard from my Dad strangely enough. (He wanted to watch the show with me after I talked about it) Then I saw online that more people had the same theory.