45: Who Is This Guy

[Author: Very small recap]

"So, Joke. If you're here, then that must mean..."

"That's right." Aizawa's question was cut off by Miss Joke. "Over here everyone. This is UA." She motioned her class over.

"Oh, woah. It really is Class A!" A boy with messy black hair said excitedly.

'His smile doesn't match what his eyes are saying at all.' She thought to herself and sent a quick, non noticeable glare.

"Second years from Ketsubutsu Academy. This is Class 2. They're my students." Ms. Joke introduced. The black haired boy then held up Midoriya's hands with a smile.

"Hey, I'm Shindo. Seems like UA's had a lotta trouble this year, musta been tough for you."

"Um, yeah." Midoriya admitted and the black haired boy continued on to do the same thing to Kaminari.

"But even so, you're all still aiming to become pro heroes, despite those hardships." He then did the same holding hands thing to Jiro. "It's wonderful."

I'm not getting good vibes from this kid.

"Hearts full of fortitude.I believe that's what every hero in the world needs to have." Shindo said with a determined fist and sparks all around him.

Definitely hiding something. It's always the nice ones that hide a dark side.

"And, Kaibutsu." Shindo started and got the dual haired girls attention. "It must've been hard for you, what with that whole kidnaping incident. You have an especially strong will, don't you? Today I'm gonna do my best to learn from you. I really hope you don't mind." He finished with his hand raised, inviting her to shake it.

"I'll do my best to learn from you too." She said and shook his hand with a smile. She easily learned that he meant beat instead of learn. His determined glare hardened, but he kept the same smile.

"Hey, Kaibustu! Can I have your autograph? You were so cool at the sports festival." A girl with blonde spiky hair and sharp teeth said.

[Author: Okay, has anyone else noticed that her hair looks like the explosion things Bakugo has on his costume? AND the fact she has sharp teeth like Kiri...Todoroki we have another secret love child!!!]

"Uhh." Rin trailed off not really knowing how to react when someone asks for her autograph.

"Seriously? Stop fangirling." One of the girl's classmates said from beside her. Rin was internally thankful.

"Hey. Get your costumes and head to orientation. There's no time to waste."Aizawa said and started walking towards the building.

"Yes sir!" The students responded and started following him.

~•~

Everyone was standing in a room that had a single large monitor and an announcer podium. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. People were standing practically shoulder to shoulder.

"Look at this crowd." Midoriya mumbled.

"There's so many." Uraraka said after him and looked around at all the people.

"Rin, you okay?" Kirishima asked and placed a hand on her shoulder, noticing she was tense.

"Lots of people. Too many people." She mumbled and went pale as a ghost.

"Okay then. Let's do this exam thing." Someone said on the announcers pedestal. He clearly didn't want to be there. "I'm from, uh, the Heroes Public Safety Commission. Name's Mera. My Circadian Rhythm is so screwed up. Ah, man. I've been swampy lately and I haven't gotten much rest. We're too short staffed. I'm so tired. With that confession, I'll now begin the orientation."

Damn, let the guy sleep.

Or at the very least get him a coffee.

Rin started spacing out and didn't really listen to the announcer. But suddenly the walls and roof of the room unfolded, showing it was placed in the testing area. A man in a tux and sunglasses handed run three targets and six rubber balls.

"Venom, summarize." Rin said as she looked at the targets and balls in confusion.

In summary, out of the 1,540 people here only 100 will pass. Place the targets on any visible part of your body. If all three of them get hit, you're out and vice versa. Only hitting the third target gets you the credit and you have to get two people out in order to pass.

"Seems simple enough." Rin mumbled and placed two targets on her front shoulders and the last one between her shoulder blades. She placed the last one on her back because no one would expect it there and with her simbyotes she practically has eyes in the back of her head.

LET'S DO THIS!

=•=•=•=•=•=•=

[Author: Sorry for the ridiculously short chapter. I couldn't get any time to write it and hang out with the fam at the same time.]

Kiri: Have you ever noticed that when we're hurt Author is so caring, but when others are around she acts all tough?

Kami: Now that you mention it, yeah I have. Like when I had a mental breakdown, she helped me but out in public she's like a whole new person.

Baku: . . . I have an idea.

~•~

Baku: *recording on his phone*

Kiri: Hey Author, I've been feeling really self conscious and depressed lately.

A: *sitting on the couch playing on her phone* *sweet voice* Aww bud, do you wanna cuddle, would that make you feel be- *looks behind and sees Bakugo recording her* *strict voice* Delete it.

Baku: No

A: Fucking delete it!

~•after getting the phone and beating Bakugo's ass•~

A:*plops onto couch* I'm never being nice again.

Kiri: Hey Author...

A: *looks at him*

Kiri: We're you serious about the cuddling thing?

A:Were you serious about that depression thing?

Kiri: . . .

A: . . . *rolls over onto her back and extends her arms* Come here.

Kiri: *walks over and lays on top of her*

A: *finds a nearby brush and starts brushing his hair* Feeling better?

Kiri: *nods*

Word count: 966