96: His Start

"Congratulations on the Hero Billboard Chart, by the way. I enjoyed what you said." Rin said to break the air as the two walked towards the desk in the office. Rin took a seat facing another chair on the other side of a desk. Mirko taking the other chair that Rin was facing.

"Thanks. Gotta warn the villains while they're watching." The rabbit lady smirked. Rin smiled with her then continued with the small talk. Uncomfortable with the silent air.

"I was just wondering. Why me? Work studies ended while I was on leave, and others gave up when they heard I was kidnapped. So why were you so dead set on having me intern with you?" Rin questioned. Her question didn't get rid of the smirk on Mirko's face.

"That's a stupid question. You're obviously a strong willed girl. Stronger than any other student at that school of yours. Only someone incredibly strong, or incredibly stupid comes out of two kidnappings like they never happened. I hope it's not the former with you."

"And if I'm incredibly stupid?" Rin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Then I'd lose money on my bet". Mirko replied.

"So what am I gonna do while I'm here?" Rin asked with a bigger smile on her face. Somehow the insulting complimented felt better than the sincere ones.

"Eh, usual. Stop crime together, paperwork, help civilians to keep the day going." Mirko shrugged, leaning back in her chair. "But my main concern is seeing what you can do. I've seen what you can do physically. But I wanna know what's stopping you mentally from using all your power."

What Mirko said caused Rin to pause for a second. Causing the bunny lady to smirk.

"There it is, that flinch. I don't think you know yet, do you? You've lied to everyone that you're okay, and I think you've started to believe it...guess I'm losing money on that bet."

"Wait, I haven't been lying to myself." Rin tried arguing. Mirko giving a 'really?' look.

"Yep. This'll be more work than I thought." Mirko said to herself while nodding. Then the doors to her office were aggressively pushed open. Causing her to glare at the person who entered the room. "Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?"

"There's an emergency. We need to turn on the T.V. Immediately." They warned.

Mirko rolled her eyes and pushed herself away from her desk. Grabbing a nearby and clicking a button. A large hologram blocking most of the wall to the right, always stuck on the news. Showing a building cut in half, Hawks feathers excavating people from the building while Endeavor was fighting a Nomu. Rin glaring at the screen while they continued to fight. Even after Edeavor cut the falling building to pieces. Her eyes never left the Nomu.

"They need help." Rin mumbled. Mirko catching what she said.

"We're not helping. They're too far and they have it under control." Mirko said while also studying the screen.

"I've fought Nomu's before. This one seems different." Rin said while standing up and stopping right next to the bunny woman. Studying the screen just as she was. Neither hearing the reporter and whatever she was saying. Just focusing on Endeavor and his one man inferno.

Suddenly, the Nomu's body healed and extended. Hitting Endeavor right in the face and torso. The same spot where All Might's wound was. Causing Mirko and Rin to flinch with wide eyes.

So much for new number one. Not even official for 24 hours.

"I guess. They need-" Mirko cut herself off when she turned to Rin. Seeing an empty room and wide open doors, one still swinging after hitting the door. "And she wonders why she gets kidnapped."