21: Stain

Iida and Rin finally arrived in Hosu City. They stepped off the train and stood on the sidewalk. Iida started walking away without saying anything.

"Hey Iida!" Rin shouted at the boy who was walking away, he turned around and looked at her. "I'll see you around okay?" The bright smile made him blush.

"Right." Iida said as he turned around and started walking towards his agency.

Rin stood there and looked ahead of her, suddenly a jet-back car stopped right in front of her. One of the tinted widows rolled down and there was a man in a tux driving the car.

"Good evening...agent Kaibutsu." He smiled a little then Rin walked to place her hero suit in the trunk. She then climbed into the passenger seat and the car drove off.

"You know, I kinda like the sound of that...agent Kaibutsu, has a good ring to it." She smiled at the man while he chuckled.

"After Fury was snapped S.H.I.E.L.D has been looking towards the Avengers for assistance." The man explained while keeping his eyes on the road.

"So, why am I here?"

"We, why are WE here?"

"Right sorry, why are we here?"

"There has been a serial killer going around here lately, I'm sure you've heard of him. We needed the Avengers knowledge and power to take him down. You're the only one who picked up." The car turned left, into a parking garage and both people got out of the car.

"I see, so I'm plan, what...G, F?" Rin sarcastically said, earning another chuckle from the man in the suit.

"You're our plan B. We sent a message to the Avengers but knew that they wouldn't respond. So we're acting on plan B now instead of later."

~•~

Rin got changed into her hero costume and was now sitting in a conference room surrounded by other people. She sat at the head of the table while someone was standing in front of a hologram.

"Let's get started. Kaibutsu." The man at the board was cut off by Rin raising her hand in a 'stop' motion.

"Please, when the hero suit is on, call me Venom." She put her hand back down and leaned against the chairs arm rest.

"Right, Venom. We would like to talk to you about the current, Stain situation." The hologram now had a map of Hosu City on it. "Recently we discovered that he has been attacking any heroes who have to walk through these ally's." The screen now had a large circle around multiple ally's.

"Since the police haven't figured this out yet, we suspect that he attacks in a few different spots just to throw them off his trail." Another person at the table said to Rin.

"But he must run around to find whoever supervises any ally right?" Another asked.

"No." Rin said making the table members turn to her. "He plans this out all in one night. After one attack he has enough time to supervise other heroes and their routine. He normally attacks in ally's and no one wants to walk down them due to the recent news."

"So what you're saying is that, the time between attacks and someone discovering the scene is what has to be changed?"

"I'm saying that the next victim will be Native, the pro hero." Rin's accusation made multiple people flinch.

"How do you know?"

"Think about it. The last victim was Inginium, the closest hero at the time would be the Native. By process of elimination I will predict that he will be attacked in that ally, tonight." Rin shot a tendril towards the hologram and pointed at the ally she thinks Stain will attack.