19: Kaibutsu vs. Bakugo

Rin was sitting in the waiting room and she was staring intensely at the table in front of her. Her mothers voice echoed through her head.

'How was I gifted with such an amazing daughter?'

'But mommy I'm not an amazing daughter... Daddy said so himself.'

'Sweetheart, you're amazing because even if you know what lies ahead, you sacrifice yourself to save me. You will always be my hero...and I have a feeling, you're gonna become a hero to others as well.'

'Okay mommy, I'll be a hero for you...I promise.'

Rin felt hot tears running down her face but her thoughts were interrupted by someone kicking the door open. Bakugo was standing in the doorway and she quickly wiped her tears away.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing in here?" The blonde pointed accusingly. Then he looked at the sign at the door. "This is my space to- Crap, this is waiting room two?"

"Do you mind leaving, thanks." Rin said bluntly as she turned her head away from him. He got irritated and actually walked closer.

"All right, fine, so I may have walked into the wrong room. But don't think that means I'm not gonna be onto top a' my game, you got that?" Bakugo sneered then threw his hand on the table causing an explosion. "You better bring all you got to this, little monster." Suddenly a tendril wrapped around his arm and Rin gave a bone chilling glare.

"Don't...call me that." Her suddenly attitude and glare sent a shiver down Bakugo's back. When she let go of Bakugo's arm she looked away again and he pulled his hand back. He stomped out of the room full of anger.

"Don't hold back against me. I want everyone to know I beat you at your best." He shut the door and left Rin to think about the nickname he likes to call her.

'Everyone will only think of you as a monster.'

Rin clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. "I won't let that happen."

~•~

"Welcome to the final battle of the UA Sports Festival! In just a moment here we're gonna see which first years comes out on top!" Mic announced while the two competitors stood across from each other. "Yes, it all comes down to this folks! From the hero course, Rin Kaibutsu. Versus her classmate, Katsuki Bakugo!" The crowd came alive with cheers as the two about to fight gave each other a hardened glare.

"Now begin!"

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

TO BE CONTINUED

I'm just playing y'all...or am I?

Okay seriously, here's the tea sis. 🍵

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

Both of them ran right at each other, when only a few feet away Bakugo set off a large explosion. Rin was sliding towards the boundaries on her back. When only a few inches away she reached above her shoulders and dug her inky black hands into the stage. She suddenly stopped and her back flew off the ground, she extended her arms and somewhat jumped. Aiming her feet towards the ground she landed and stood in a battle pose.

The girl didn't have any room to breathe as Bakugo was in her face preparing another punch. She dodged his hand and punched him right in the gut. She ran behind him and started pushing him out of bounds. He grabbed her wrist and set off explosions, when she flinched he was given the opportunity to get away. The girl quickly turned around and dealt multiple punches.