63: So Close Yet so Far

Rin punched one Yakuza into the ground while kicking another in the stomach. She could only stay in one spot to keep the ally blocked with the black ink. She was actually keeping her ground pretty well against six opponents. One caught her arm but she quickly bent hers back to dislocate both their shoulders. The guy let go with a scream and Rin's quickly went back to its place to punch him with that same arm.

Meanwhile down the same ally.

"I hope you'll forgive my daughter, hero. I don't know what to do with her. Always playing rough, bumping into things." Overhaul said with an apologetic smile behind the mask.

'Chisaki from Shie Hassaikai. The man Nighteye is after.' Midoriya thought with a worried expression. Mirio walked over and pulled Midoriya's mask over his face.

"Whoopsie-daisy looks like that darn mask came off again. You might wanna thing about getting it resized my friend." Mirio then turned his attention to Overhaul. "I'm so sorry about that. It was our fault to." Mirio said with a smile.

'Right. I'm an idiot. If I let his see how freaked out I am, he'll get suspicious, and that could screw up Nighteye's entire case.' Midoriya scolded himself while he still hasn't let go of Eri.

"I know that mask. You must be from the Hassaikai right? You guys are famous around here." Mirio said to make it sound like small talk. Reply he was making sure that this was the guy they're after.

"Yeah, please don't mind the mask. It keeps out the filth. I don't believe I've seen you two in the area before." Overhaul asked.

"Right. Well we're still pretty new, but you probably already guessed that much. Now on your feet partner. Can't do much hero-ing from down there." Mirio said over to Midoriya. 'His guard's obviously up. I can't tell his Sir's name.' Mirio thought. He was clearly too into his thoughts as neither of them heard the male yell from behind the "wall". Overhaul heard jt and had to cover it up.

"So, what agency do you belong to?" Overhaul asked.

"We're just students. Far too lowly to be claiming association with an agency. We're just using out internships to get some experience. Speaking of which we need to finish patrolling this division by lunch. Come on, let's go." Mirio covered up and went to leave.

"Right." Midoriya said and went to lace too but Eri clutched his costume in her hands. He stoped and looked back down to Eri who had tears threatening to fall.

"Please don't go. Please don't leave us." Eri pleaded quietly.

"I'm excuse me. I'm sorry but your daughter seems scared." Midoriya said with some suspicion. Overhaul slightly glared.

"A reaction to being scolded."

'You're making him more suspicious.' Mirio thought to Midoriya. "Sure." The blonde responded to Overhaul's statement.

"Wait, but..." Midoriya started. 'This girl. She's grabbed me and won't let go. She's got bandages all over. And what's with 'us'?' "She's got bandages all over. Those are just from 'playing rough'?" Midoriya questioned.

"Eri's an exceptionally clumsy girl. Her mother always had to keep an eye on her." Overhaul said as an excuse. Eri flinched at Overhauls words.

"Her whole body's shaking, but she's not making a sound. Does that seem like it's normal to you?" Midoriya asked.

"It's dangerous to make assumptions about what's normal for other people." Overhaul said while glaring down at Midoriya.

"Yeah, everybody's different am I right?" Mirio asked. 'This is bad. Chisaki obviously doesn't want us to pry. I'd we spook him now he'll be even less likely to show himself. We have to let it go.'