62: Run

Rin woke up from being knocked out for whatever study Overhaul decided to do on her. She stood up but quickly fell. The white hooded yakuza assisted to help her up and Rin was practically draped over his head since she was taller than him.

"What did you do to me?" Rin asked with hate laced in her voice.

"Nothing that won't wear off. I was instructed to perform surgery on you to see any physical signs of your quirk. Leading me to use an injection that weakened your muscles." He explained and placed Rin back into the chair while her legs regained feeling. She then noticed the bandages on her legs and arm. Unlike Eri's, there was some blood seeping through them.

She then looked at her hand and she saw it covered in blood. Sho looked up to see the room pitch black and a figure walking towards her. When it got closer she saw it was a woman with long white hair. She had blood staining the front of her shirt and a trail of blood seeped out her mouth.

"Why Rin? Why did you leave?" The woman asked and each time she opened her mouth more blood spilled out. It dropped onto Rin's legs and her eyes widened in horror.

"I'm sorry mom." Rin whimpered. Everything suddenly snapped back and the doctor was standing next to her again.

"Oh yeah, the medication causes hallucinations as well." He said boredom and Rin couldn't get that image out of her head now. Of course now that she's gotten more control of her emotions about her mom, the trauma just had to come hurling back at her.

As Rin was getting feeling back in her limbs Overhaul walked into the room. Rin glared at him while he walked to the white hooded yakuza and looked at the price of paper. Overhaul then glared at the paper and looked up at Rin.

"Excuse us." Overhaul ordered to his right hand man and he obligated. When the door shut Overhaul walked around Rin to seem intimidating.

"What do you want?" Rin asked.

"What's the secret in your quirk?" Overhaul asked and finally stoped right in front of her.

"Pardon?" Rin asked with confusion.

"The medical scans showed all the signs a quirkless person has. And your quirk has physical abilities, something was bound to show itself during the surgery. Yet there was nothing." Overhaul slammed his hands down on the arms of the chair and glared almost an inch away from her face. "What is your secret?"

"Like I'm gonna tell you. Not even my friends know yet. You have no chance." Rin said with a victorious smirk. He continued to glare until he stood up fully.

"Oh, I will get your quirk." He finished and left the room. The white hooded yakuza then came back in and put the hind cuff on before taking Rin back to Eri's room. On the way there Rin noticed a decorated corner, she thought it was the hallucination. There were scrapes on the wall that no one could make.

Please be a secret passage.

Fuck yes! Forget how awful this place is I just want to see that secret door!

Rin was put back into Eri's room and the cuff was taken off. When the door was shut Rin felt a small force hit her leg. She was relieved to look down and see Eri okay but crying.

"Eri what's wrong?" Rin asked and kneeled down to be at her height.

"Y-you we're gone for so long, I..." Eri didn't complete her sentence and just hugged Rin. The dual haired girl accepted it and held Eri in a comforting hug.

"Don't worry. I'll never abandon you." Rin said reassuringly. It settled Eri's cries and she sniffled into Rin's shoulder. "Eri. I was actually wondering what happened to your parents?"