Chapter Three: Crush, Chop & Burn: Part Three

Luna's Pov

We all made it back home and into the living room.

All five of us were sitting on the couch while dad and Tasha stared at us.

Tasha seemed calm, but dad was mad.

"Do you realize what you've done? I had to write a check to that school for 30 grand to make this go away" Dad said in anger.

"For 30 grand, I'll go away" Leo said. 

"Just get me some chips and I'll go away" I said.

"We're sorry. We just wanted to be normal for a day" Bree said and I nodded.

"Oh, come on, Donald, they're just kids" Tasha defended the trio, making me smile.

"When I was their age, me and Fiona Micklejohn, we snuck out and we crashed-" Tasha started but stopped when dad shot her a glare.

"You know what? I'm not helping" Tasha said as she quickly shut her mouth.

"Look, I designed you guys to go on highly classified missions, not try out for the cheerleading squad" Dad said.

"Oh... well, there goes that dream" Adam sighed.

I just giggled and patted his back for comfort.

"Look, I know you're mad, Big D, but these guys performed the impossible today" Leo said.

"Yeah, he became popular, that's literally impossible" I joked, causing dad to chuckle and Leo to glare at me.

"And I cured male pattern baldness with a biology rat" Chase said.

"Ooh! And I got invited to my first party! By a boy" Bree said to Tasha who shot up from the couch.

"How exciting! We gotta get you clothes and shoes, and we'll do-" Tasha started but stopped when dad gave her another glare.

"Again, not helping" Tasha said.

"That's it. Leo and Luna, you're both banned from the lab" Dad said and I groaned in annoyance.

"And you three are to have no contact with the outside world. No talking, no texting, no nothing" Dad said.

"Ooh! What about the lost art of pantomime?" Adam asked.

"Go to your tubes!" Dad yelled and they all ran back to the lab.

I rolled my eyes as I made my way back upstairs to take a nap.

I opened my door and closed it before jumping into my bed.

I stared at my ceiling for a moment before looking down at my necklace and playing with it.

Now, you may be wondering where I got this nice necklace from.

Well...this is the only thing I have of my parents...my real ones.

The same ones that left me at dad's doorstep when I was a baby.

Dad said that this necklace was left around me when he took me in.

Sometimes I wonder why I still have this necklace, let alone wear it, my real parents abandoned me for whatever reason.

Dad took me in and took care of me and gave me the love I deserved.

I think it's because if I ever do find them, I want to rub it in their faces that I've moved on and found a new family and throw this necklace at their faces.

I shook that thought away before getting under the covers and drifting to sleep.

A Few Hours Later