Chapter Fourty-Five: Avalanche

Luna's Pov

I was in the lab with Leo and dad waiting for the trio to get back from their mission.

Soon the lab doors slid open and the trio entered with smiles on their faces.

"Mission accomplished" Bree said with a smile.

"Great job, guys. You saved that island from the biggest tropical storm in decades" Dad praised them.

"And, lucky for you, I brought home a whole bag of hairy fruit" Adam said with a smile as he dumped fruit all over the cyberdesk.

"Yeah, just be happy I made him put the pelican back" Bree said.

"Thank goodness for that" I muttered under my breath.

I smiled and walked over to Chase and kissed him softly on the lips.

"I'm glad you're safe. Amazing job on the mission" I said.

Chase smiled as he kissed my forehead, "thanks sweetheart" Chase said.

"Guys, that mission was the finest use of bionics to date. I think we can all agree that strength plus speed equals success" Dad said with a smile.

Adam and Bree grinned at each other and high-fived.

I frowned and lightly glared at dad.

Did he seriously just leave out Chase?

He helped just as much as they did.

"Uh...excuse me. Let's not forget the mastermind behind this entire thing" Chase said and I nodded.

"Oh, right. Let's give it up for our fearless leader..." Adam started and Chase smiled but Adam pointed to dad instead of him.

"Mr. Davenport! Whoo!" Adam said and Bree smiled along with dad.

"What? No! I was talking about me! I supervised the whole mission" Chase said and I nodded.

Come on, how could they leave out Chase like that.

"Yeah, but I think we all know who did the heavy lifting. I'll give you a hint: Starts with an "A", ends with an "M". There's a big "da" in the middle" Adam said.

We all looked at him weirdly.

"Okay, guys, it's me" Adam said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Please, the real work happened up here" Chase said while pointing to his head.

"Chase, no offense, but your bionic brain is no match for our hustle--" Bree said while pointing at her.

"And muscle" Adam said with a smile while pointing at him.

"Ooh, that is a great team name!" Dad said with a smile.

"Hustle, Muscle and Ch...uscle" Dad said whiled pointing at Adam, Bree then Chase.

"Mm. Don't worry, we'll find you an 'ustle'" Dad said and I rolled my eyes at him.

Chase sighed in annoyance and sadness.

"I'm so tired of these two getting all of the attention because they have super speed and super strength. I never get any of the credit" Chase said.

"That is not true, Chase. They just have a lot of flash. But you're the glue that holds that flash together. You're...flash glue" Dad said.

"He's flash glue?" I asked in annoyance.

"Hey, I think I figured it out" Adam said and we all looked at him.