Chapter Eleven: Bionic Birthday Fail

Luna's Pov

I got out the shower and quickly got myself changed so I could meet the others in the lab, along with dad.

I quickly dried my hair before leaving my room and heading down to the lab.

When I got there I saw Adam, Bree, and Chase doing some kicks and cool flips in some sort of training simulation.

'Chase looks hot when doing flips' I thought with a smirk.

"Hey Luna" Leo said, "hey Leo" I said with a smile as I made my way over to him.

Soon the others stopped training and took off their goggles.

"Adam, that was a rebel leader, the whole purpose of todays mission simulation was to interrogate him" Dad explained.

"I did, and his answer was aaaaaaggghhhhhhhhh" Adam yelled and I giggled.

Chase walked over to me and kissed my cheek, "hey baby, looking good" Chase complimented.

"Thanks babe" I said with a smile.

"Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel?" Bree asked.

Dad shot her a look and she immediately tried correcting herself.

"What? I'm just sayin'. It's not gonna kill you to add a little somethin'-somethin' for the ladies" Bree defended and I giggled.

"Step aside, amateurs. Go ahead, Big D. Set it to, awesome" Leo said as he stood in front of dad.

"Leo, these goggles are not a toy" Dad said.

"Come on! My birthday's coming up-Globally known as Dia De Leo" Leo said.

"Sorry Leo, but no. Dad designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics, not to go on 3-D joyrides. Besides, you're not trained for it" I explained.

He glared at me while dad smiled and nodded.

"My pumpkin is right, as always" Dad said and I smiled.

"Well, how about as a birthday gift you give me a bionic ability?" Leo asked.

"Or I could gift-wrap reality and you could play with that for a while" Dad said while walking out of the lab.

"So Leo's having a birthday. What are you, like, nine?" Chase asked with a smirk.

"Fourteen" Leo deadpanned, making him laugh.

"No, seriously" Chase said.

"So how are you gonna celebrate?" Bree asked.

"We're all going to celebrate. Every year my mom throws me a big surprise party" Leo said with a smile.

"Really?" Adam asked in shock.

"Last year she baked a cake the size of me. I'm not gonna brag, but I was delicious" Leo said with a smile.

"What about you Luna?" Bree asked.

"Yeah, did Mr. Davenport throw you surprise parties for your birthday?" Adam asked.

"Nope, it would usually just be me and him. He would take me out to dinner, then to the arcade, and then we'd come back home and bake cupcakes. After eating the cupcakes we'd go to his room and watch movies all night before going to sleep" I explained.

I smiled at those fun memories.

"You and Mr. Davenport get along really well, and you really love him" Chase said and I smiled.

"Of course I love him, he's my father, he took care of me and loved me all those years. He's not my biological father, but he's my father by heart. I wouldn't have it any other way" I explained.