Chapter One Hundred & Nine: On The Edge: Part Two

Two Weeks Later
Luna's Pov

Life at the academy just hasn't been the same anymore. 

It's been two weeks since Leo left and everything has just been sad and dull.

I miss him, I miss my best friend, my brother in everything but blood. No matter how many times he gets on my nerves, I love him and I miss him so much.

Right now me and the others are in the mentor headquarters, on a video call with Leo.

"It's really weird not having you here, Leo. Everybody really misses you" Bree said, making Alexis nod.

"It's been two weeks. When are you coming back?" Nick asked.

"I'm sorry, guys. When I said I was done, I meant it. I've hung up my mission suit forever" Leo said.

"Then can I have it? I found a guy in Japan who's willing to pay top dollar" Adam said.

I glared at him while Alexis smacked him upside the head.

"I appreciate the call, but things are actually great back here. Uh, school is much better without Perry and I get to spend a ton of time with my mom" Leo explained, smiling.

"Every sixteen-year-old boy's dream" Bree sarcastically said, making me giggle just a bit.

Nick sighed and gave Leo a sad look.

"Are you sure we can't change your mind?" Nick softly asked.

I frowned and gently placed my hand on his shoulder for some comfort.

I know that he misses Leo just as much as I do, those two are best friends and I know that Nick really wants him to come back.

Me and him made up a few days ago and we're back on good terms.

However...me and Alexis are still not talking to each other.

If she's waiting for me to apologize, she's going to be waiting for forever.

She's the one that should apologize to me, for yelling at me when I did nothing but defend my best friend who's my brother in everything but blood.

Nick apologized because he realized he was wrong.

While she's being a stubborn bitch and is expecting me to apologize.

Well if she thinks she's stubborn, guess what, I'm stubborn too.

"Sorry, guys. I'm staying here. I gotta go. Mom's hosting her book club tonight, and I'm in charge of dessert. Turns out, my laser sphere has caramelized the perfect crème brulée" Leo smiled.

"Ooh, that sounds good" Alexis smiled and Adam nodded.

"Do I, uh, have to read a book to get in on that?" Adam asked.

"Later, guys" Leo said, waving at us before cutting the video call.

We all sighed as I ran my hands through my hair.

Bree groaned and turned to us, a guilty look in his eyes.

"I feel bad. We should've given him more credit" Bree said, turning to us.

"I know. And he deserves to be up there with us at the award ceremony tomorrow" Chase said.

I scoffed, crossed my arms and glared at all of them.

"Something that I tried telling all of you, but no, ignore me and make yourselves feel superior and act like your best friend/brother is lower than you" I scoffed, glaring pointedly at Alexis.