Chapter Sixty: Not So Smartphone

Luna's Pov

I was in the lab with Adam and Leo as we were waiting for Chase and Bree to get home from Tech Town

I was busy looking at my phone when all of a sudden we heard footsteps.

I looked up and smiled when I saw Bree and Chase walking in through the tunnels.

"Hey guys, check it out. We just got our first paychecks from Tech Town" Chase grinned as they walked over to us.

"Nice" I said as I walked over to him and pecked him on the lips.

"Nice! What are you going to spend it on?" Leo asked.

Chase shrugged before Leo smiled at him.

"A video game? New kicks? A birthday gift for a sibling who wants a video game and new kicks?" Leo asked with a small smirk.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Nope. I'm gonna open a savings account" Chase grinned.

Everyone looked at him in annoyance as Leo rolled his eyes, Adam put his head down and Bree shook her head.

I honestly wasn't surprised, but I did sigh and shake my head at my nerdy boyfriend.

But hey, I love him.

"I want to like you, but you make it so hard" Bree said as she patted his shoulder.

"The job also comes with perks" Chase said as he took out a phone.

My eyes went wide along with Leo's.

"The new ePhone 7?!" I asked in shock as Chase chuckled and nodded.

"Those aren't even out yet! How'd you get one?" Leo asked.

"Well Leo and Luna, as a rising star of the Tech Town empire-" Chase started but got cut off.

"We all got one" Bree said with a smirk as she held up her new phone before walking out.

Chase rolled his eyes before looking back at us.

"People are already lined up for the big release Friday. You should've seen the crazy looks in their eyes when I walked by with this thing" Chase said.

I then looked at Leo as he was straing at his phone with a crazed look.

"Yup that's the look" Chase nodded as Leo took the phone from him.

"This version's got a new auto-centering feature to help you take better selfies" Leo grinned.

He then smiled as he took a picture of himself.

Then he show it to us but my eyes widened as I saw that his picture came out horrible.

It took everything in me to not burst out laughing right then and there.